Café Sebastopol

Café Sebastopol - The peanut chutney that I found too much to my taste

Café Sebastopol Copenhagen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great place to meet friends Aug 20, 2012
I can’t remember when I was at Café Sebastopol the first time, as the café has been a popular meeting place in the Nørrebro part of Copenhagen since 1994. During this period this part of Copenhagen has changed a lot but this place has always been popular and it still is.

The café has an inspiring French feel to it and people come here in all ages. I had not been there in a long time and I was looking forward to see what they had to offer. The menu had some interesting dishes that looked quite appealing and after going back and forth between a couple of then I ended up choosing the Carré de Porc or roasted pork back with vegetables and potatoes. As a desert I ordered their plate with four different cheeses. I had red wine to accompany the dinner and a glass of sweet red wine together with the cheese.

The food was quite okay I must say; I really liked my main course and especially the meat was really cooked well. The cheeses were nice but I would have liked an explanation from the waiters what they were and a recommended order instead of my own guess but I don’t think that they know what I was given. I was not so impresses with their peanut chutney but the sweet & roasted onion rings were magnificent and they went well with the goat cheese.

The service was in general very friendly, smiling, fresh, quite fast but also young when it comes to giving recommendations. It was nice and a huge plus that we could sit outside instead of inside taking cover from the rain that otherwise had been plentiful this summer.
My main course
My cheese plate
The cheeses
The peanut chutney that I found to…
Chokk says:
Yes August been much better - I guess that the jet stream moved back to it more normal position!
Posted on: Aug 25, 2012
westwind57 says:
looks good. august was a lot better than july here, i guess probably same in Denmark. have a good weekend!
Posted on: Aug 25, 2012
Chokk says:
I started with a cold beer - I probably should have mentioned that :)
Posted on: Aug 24, 2012