Café Schweizer

schweizer.se - 08-411 51 77

Café Schweizer Stockholm Reviews

sim1 sim1
Time for some Fika! (Coffee break) Feb 02, 2017
Cafe Schweizerkonditoriet is one of the many coffee places in the Gamla Stan in Stockholm. It is located on the Västerlånggatan, the major tourist street in Stockholm. I normally don't spend so much time in the Västerlånggatan as I find it far too touristy, but this time I happened to be here when having a strong craving for a hot cup of coffee. I guess this is a tourist trap as the prices are over the top. But at the same time I did enjoy sitting here with my coffee and cake.

The Cafe Schweizerkonditoriet is a relaxing place, where the staff and guests have decorated the walls with lots of texts and personal messages. The coffee tasted good, but the added marshmallows in my cup of Cappuccino seemed a bit overdoing it and I could have happily lived without. It seemed odd, so out went the marshmallow as soon as the coffee arrived.

Of course we ordered something sweet to go with our coffees, a 'kanelbulle' (cinnamon bun) for my husband, which was huge and delicious! I ordered a piece of Apple strudel, which was slightly warmed and served with a vanilla sauce on the side. The piece of cake was huge and good tasting!

Besides cakes they also have a huge assortment of sandwiches and pies, which seemed all freshly made and a great option for a quick lunch or snack when feeling hungry after doing sightseeing in town.

Check Stockholm Hotel Deals