Café Sacher Wien

01 51456661

Café Sacher Wien Vienna Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
The Famous Cafe Sacher (Stube) Apr 27, 2015
What can i say about the famous Cafe Sacher that’s not yet been said? The first time we went, the queue was exceptionally long that we decided not to bother. No point standing in the cold for an hour or so by the likes of it. So we decided to give it another go on our last day in Vienna.

There are 2, one nearest to the souvenir shop, that’s called Café. And there is the Stube. We decided to give it a go at the Stube since there was no queue and the seats appear more cosy and comfy too.

Like in most Viennesse traditional cafes, the service staff are all dressed up in suits, bows, ties and the ladies like a housemaid complete with the headgear & apron. The café was well furnished with the many chandeliers and the menu are held in wooden sticks, very traditional indeed. Even the toilet was very traditionally decorated.

We got ourselves a seat at the cosy corner and ordered myself a pot of tea and Topfen strudel. My husband ordered the coffee and the famous Sacher Torte (chocolate cake). I am unfortunately not such a big fan of heavy cakes. I prefer fluffy, sponge type of cakes.

Having went to Café Mozart which was just round the corner (since the queue to Café Sacher was too long), I must say the prices here are surprisingly definitely cheaper. A pot of tea or hot chocolate costs Euro5 here & the cake Euro 5. We paid Euro7 for a cake in Café Mozart and hot chocolate costs Euro5.50 to 6.50.

Efficient & attentive service, good ambience minus in the beginning when we had a wailing German toddler, reasonable price and delicious cake. I do not need to recommend this place as you will go there ;-)

Pix to be uploaded