Café Restaurant Beethoven

Lázenská ulicka, Teplice, Czech Republic

Café Restaurant Beethoven Teplice Reviews

german_eagle german_e…
Probably the most upscale cafe in town Oct 06, 2016
When we were looking for a place to have coffee in the afternoon we decided to give the cafe in the spa resort Beethoven a try. It is in Lazenska, the tiny alley lined by the historic buildings of the spa resort where famous guest like - you guess it - Ludwig van Beethoven stayed e.g. The interior is stylish, tasteful, rather modern, but we got a table outside in their courtyard - quiet and refreshing air.

Service was very good, quick and friendly. The waiter even pointed out my dessert would take 10 minutes for preparation.

It was latte macchiato (45 Kc, about 1.70 Euro) for me, cappuccino (40 Kc, about 1.50 Euro) for my companion, both very, very good, and they came with a small glass of tap water. We ordered the small chocolate cake (a dough with melting chocolate inside) with black currant sorbet - to die for!! (75 Kc, about 2.80 Euro) and lime sorbet with chopped fresh fruit (35 Kc, about 1.30 Euro), delicious. Although a bit more pricey than elsewhere in Teplice this was a steal, especially given the outstanding quality of the food/drinks.

On another visit VTer yumyum (Sonja) end of August 2015 I had curd dumplings with cinnamon-sugar coating in an aceto balsamico cream (75 Kc, about 2.80 Euro) - to die for! - and latte macchiato (still 45 Kc, about 1.70 Euro, and very, very good). See pic 5! Upon request the waitress also served each of us a large glass (0.5 l, I guess) of tap water at no extra charge.
Lázenská ulicka (alley)
Yummy!
chocolate cake (a dough with melti…
visit with VTer yumyum