Café Pushkin

Parvis Saint-Gilles 49a, Sint-Gillis, Belgium

Café Pushkin Sint-Gillis Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Café Pushkin May 03, 2009
Some places are just fun to visit one them has been cafe Pushkin. I wondered why I entered and for sure it was due to the name. Cafe Pushkin used to be the best restaurant in Moscow and the Pushkin name is usually connected to the Russian writer Alexander Pushkin who is considered to be the greatest Russian poet and the founder of modern Russian literature. There was nothing I this place that reminded me of any of these pictures. The café was worn down; the interior is dark and the tables are covered with tiles, I guess they were easy to clean that way. The bar was one of the most worn-down cafe/bars I ever have visited in Brussels. Even though the bar was small they had managed to install two old slot machines (Montana) in one of the corners. 3 enormous lamps are hanging over the bar and one could wonder what the have seen over the years.

It is not a place where you find a great verity of Belgian beers instead here you stick to Palm, Jupiler of blonde Leffe, but the local beer was a Palm. One of the most amazing thing was their choice of music; Motown and easy listening!!

Check Sint-Gillis Hotel Deals