Café Plein

www.cafe-plein.nl - 010 414 6819

Café Plein Rotterdam Reviews

planxty planxty
Yet more of the same. Apr 11, 2017
I don't know if the reader has already perused the main journal entry this review refers to or indeed the previous review about the Premiere Brasserie so here is a very quick synopsis for those that may have not. I was on my last day in Rotterdam before heading South via Dordrecht to Beauraing in Belgium. I knew I had plenty of time and I was travelling light so I was having a last walk around the city.

Well, it had been a while since the last beer so I was ready for another and I decided on the Cafe Plein although there were certainly enough bars to choose from. A man should never go thirsty in this fine city.

There were a few people sitting outside although I have no idea either how or why as it was freezing. Perhaps I am just not hardy enough to be Dutch. Hypothermia was not on the days agenda and so I wimpishly went inside (which was completely empty) and in the hope of perhaps warming up just a little, ordered my beer and the result was as you can see in the images, there was actually frost on the outisde of the glass. Perhaps a Jamaican coffee would have been a better bet. Still, I don't mind cold beer, it is warm beer I don't like.

The barman appeared to be busy doing all sorts behind the bar and so I contented myself with watching chef working hard in the semi-open kitchen to the rear of the bar. I am not surprised he was busy as he has a very extensive menu to contend with.

Most of the bars in city centres in the Netherlands seem to follow this pattern of being cafe / bars with huge menus during the day and morphing into clubs at night. Cafe Pein fits this pattern exactly and is no better nor worse than any of the rest of them. Service was prompt and polite, the bar was comfortable and the "facilities" spotless.

I have no complaint about it and can only recommend it.
gingerbatik says:
looks good:) I have a things for the Netherlands especially Amsterdam :)
Posted on: Aug 13, 2017