Café Opera

18 Engen, Bergen, Norway
55 23 03 15
Café Opera - Satay with peanut sauce (skewered pork with spicy rice and roasted coconut)
Café Opera - Outside Café Opera
Café Opera - Café Opera
Café Opera - Ground floor of Café Opera
Café Opera - Cajun blackened tuna with roasted potatoes, salad and aíoli
Café Opera - Café Opera

Café Opera Bergen Reviews

apollo32 apollo32
Café Opera Bergen Norway Jul 23, 2011
Adress:Engen 18 Bergen Norway.

One of the best places i visited in my life:)The people there are friendly and nice.most of Norweagian speak English perfectly.

This mix is a cafe, pub and traditional club. Particularly appreciated are usually the hired DJs of the highest class
sarahsan sarahsan
A café for all ages May 16, 2010
I was in Bergen on business and had time to have a late lunch with a friend of mine. We wanted to go to a special restaurant, but they did not open until later, so my friend took me to Café Opera. As we entered I was a bit surpised of her choice. The café did not have the warm and cozy atmosphere I had expected.

When I saw the menu I was a bit skeptical. My first impression of the place was that they could not have a very fancy kitchen. But I keep reminding myself: Never judge a book by its cover. So we ordered, I choose Cajun blackend tuna and my friend Satay with peanut saus. When the food arrived I looked in disappointment at my tuna which looked burned and dry. My Goodness was I wrong. The food was delicious! I felt ashamed of being so prejudice.

Café Opera serves snacks, salads, soups, entres and desserts. The menu is varied and the entres includes eg. veal, fish, pasta, hamburger, burritos and veggie enchiladas. Exsamples of snacks are quiche, garlic shrimps, falafel etc. They have a variety of coffee drings such as espresso, cortado, cappuccino, latte, mocca etc. Café Opera has all rights when it comes to alcohol and serves beer, wine and mixed drinks.

This is obviously a very popular place. The clientele is both young and old. Upstairs is furnished with armchairs and has a laid back atmosphere and is where you will find the students. On the ground, floor old sophisticated ladies will meet over a glass of wine before a night at the theatre, which is across the street. In the weekends Café Opera turns into a disco at night.

I can recommend Café Opera for both lunch and dinner. What the café lacks in atmosphere it certianly makes up for in good food.
Outside Café Opera
Café Opera
Ground floor of Café Opera
Cajun blackened tuna with roasted …

Check Bergen Hotel Deals