Café Obelix

Café Obelix - fried fish with brown bread

Café Obelix Copenhagen Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Cheap and Good Food Apr 09, 2015
I come across this café when I explored the old buildings at Vesterbro area.

The café located at the small square next to the church and there were a couple of cafes next to it.

There were plenty of chairs outside the café terrace so people can sit outside and people watch, which would be nice during summer time. However there were heater on the roof and blanket available on the chairs during winter time. The menu already sitting at the table. The café staff come to great me and said once decided what to eat or drink, go to the bar inside and pay for it.

When I go inside the bar, there were small sitting arrangement inside for guests and the bar has plenty of alcoholic bottles ready for people who likes alcohol.

Once I placed my order, I get my drink straight away and carried it with me. The staff carried the food to the table when it was ready.

I personally very surprised with the quality and quantity of the food. I had chicken pasta and it was very good, hot just cooked, tasty, and plenty of chicken pieces inside it. I could not finish my pasta as the quantity was too big for me.

However I saw the fried fish was very dry – but I did not try it so I could not comment on the food.

Overall, for the price of dkk100 for the chicken pasta – it was very good value for money. Most dishes has the same price and cheaper for open sandwich. It was cheap and very filling.
the square where the cafe located
chicken pasta
fried fish with brown bread
the sign outside
gingerbatik says:
@TravChef: yes it was nice - come over here and we will hunt the cafe together :)
Posted on: Apr 10, 2015
TravChef says:
Wow nice, I personally like Obelix and Asterix! Maybe this is a cafe I will need to go when I visit over there.
Posted on: Apr 09, 2015
novabelgica novabelg…
A fun place for dinner Oct 01, 2010
Looking for a place to eat on our first night in Copenhagen, we came across the Café Obelix. Wondering if this had anything to do with the comic books, and noticing there was a table available, we went in.

Indeed there were a number of pages of the Asterix comic books on the walls. We took a seat and the waitress brought us the menu, told us to order and pay at the bar and then took off.

We had the pasta, which was excellent, and a nice Carlsberg beer.

The place had a very pleasant atmosphere, although it got kind of crowded and loud, but the food was great and the price was decent.
Chokk says:
I have never been there - I have to try it!
Posted on: Apr 03, 2011