Café Le Corona

2 Rue de l'Amiral de Coligny, Paris, France
Café Le Corona - The shop selling water is to the left.
Café Le Corona - 1 litre of strong beer. A good start to any morning.

Café Le Corona Paris Reviews

DAO DAO
Big Strong Beers Feb 07, 2017
If there was ever any doubt some reviewers on Trip Advisor are misinformed and rude people, read the reviews on this restaurant. This place is around the corner from the Louvre. Complaints include being charged 5 Euros for a bottle of water, that it’s a ‘Tourist Trap’ and the staff are rude. OK, let’s get this straight people. Of course it is Tourist oriented! Welcome to Paris. And water? They sell beer for less. Have beer, angry weird people! And there is a corner shop next door. Going into any popular restaurant with tourists and just ordering a bottle of water is not profitable for the restaurant. The crazy thing in many of the angry complaints is that they wanted tap water. For free. Welcome to FRANCE. And EUROPE. They don’t do this. Get over it, it’s different. You and your bad attitude take up paying tables having – surprise – FOOD! Did I mention there was a shop next door selling bottles of water? If you do read through some of the reviews, people state the portions are big and a few folks even say the food is good. It looked nice to me.

Anyway, I think I best explain a few things. Did I mention it’s a restaurant? Well I needed a beer. A big and strong beer. Why? I just did. So I ordered a litre of Leffe beer. It’s strong and the beer was massive. Actually I had 2. Sitting there reading my guidebook, I watch the customers come in. Most were having, shock/horror TripAdvisor people – LUNCH! The food looked good and the portions looked big. The people I saw, fairly normal looking tourists, seemed happy. The staff are busy, but I found if I just waved my hand or said ‘hello’ or similar, they came over and got me what I asked for. No drama. I had an omelette (tasty) and beer. A nice place to relax and drink (not water) and eat.

I think this place just gets hammered by the standard TripAdvisor irritation with ‘Tourist’ places. If you want a non-tourist place, try Burundi, not Paris. Simple.

Prices are 21-40 Euros. They have free Wi-Fi, a TV, accept credit cards and is wheelchair accessible. They have outside seating and are dog friendly.

Favorite Dish:

2 Litres of strong beer.
1 litre of strong beer. A good sta…

Check Paris Hotel Deals