Café Laubert

Ahornallee 17, Altenberg, Germany
035052 / 67494
Café Laubert - The counter with cakes etc.
Café Laubert - Cafe Laubert in summer
Café Laubert - Cafe Laubert
Café Laubert - The dining room.
Café Laubert - red currant cake and a half litre of red currant juice mixed with sparkling water
Café Laubert - The dining room, blueberry cake and milk coffee.
Café Laubert - Cafe Laubert

Café Laubert Altenberg Reviews

german_eagle german_e…
Yummy cake and retro ambience Feb 03, 2017
This café is one of the most popular ones in the region. It has been family run for some generations. They were even able to keep the business running during the tough communist times. I guess they still profit from the reputation of the old times - when I visited in 2005 I was a bit disappointed.

The waitress was a bit unfriendly, snobby. And there was definitely no reason. I thought the rooms were in need of a renovation in not so far future. The dining room is quite small, but has not seen a renovation since the communist times, and the interior was a bit shabby too. Anyway, the cake and the cappuccino were still very good and inexpensive.

When I re-visited in summer 2015 (bike tour) they had renovated the room and replaced the old interior. I had a piece of red currant cake and a half litre of red currant juice mixed with sparkling water (done right in front of me so I could see it was excellent quality juice, called "Schorle" in German), paid 3.90 Euro for it all and enjoyed it on their lovely terrace.

I was back again in February 2017. The service was friendly, although not too quick (but who is in a rush on vacation anyway?) and the cakes and other stuff from their own bakery looked very promising. I had a piece of blueberry cake (delicious, 1.80 Euro) and milk coffee (very tasty, 2.55 Euro) - excellent value for the money. I also bought some yummy cookies from their own production (3.10 for 250 g). I enjoyed my most recent visit very much, thus had to bump up the ratings of this place here.

Closed on Thursdays.
Cafe Laubert
The dining room, blueberry cake an…
The dining room.
The counter with cakes etc.
starship1 says:
Looks like a charming place!
wabat says:
Congrats on this being featured review today Ingo.
Paulovic says:
Congrats on being featured!

Check Altenberg Hotel Deals