Café La Plata

622 60 85

Café La Plata Potosi Reviews

sweettangerine sweettan…
Just like at home Aug 01, 2011
Café la Plata is a very nice café on the Plaza 10 de Noviembre, the main square of Potosí. It has a very cosy antique style interior with in the middle the bar where are also plenty of nice looking cakes on display.

The café tends to get very crowded at lunch time, but in the evening it is a bit easier to find space.

The menu has a nice selection of lunch dishes such as soups, sandwiches, toasts and salads. There are also some items that could serve as a "light" dinner too such as pastas and lasagna. And on top of that there's a very nice selections of cakes and sweets.

On our first night in Potosí we ate dinner here and were pleasantly surpised. The service was fast and the lasagne we ordered was delicious and warm.

We ordered hot chocolate and churros for dessert and the waitress told us it could take up to half an hour. Very nice of her to give us the choice whether we want to wait for it or choose something else. We did wait and it surely was worth it! The churros were absolutely delicious and there was even a sticky warm choclaty sauce with it. The hot chocolate was perfect too, not too sweet so that one can still add sugar at wish.

We came back the next day for lunch and were lucky enough to still find one vacant table. The people who came after us had to be sent out. This time I had an aspargus soup and a ham and cheese toasty. Both were great again! The food here tastes just like at home.

Prices are perhaps a bit high for Bolivian standards, but as service is quick and efficient and the food is well prepared, it is surely worth the money.
nice hot lasagna
churros and hot chocolate
sweettangerine says:
but then I take my parka with me :-P
Posted on: Oct 10, 2011
Ils1976 says:
I love that place, want to go back for the churros with chocolate.! :D
Posted on: Oct 10, 2011