Café Ketchup

Café Ketchup - Cool Bar in Cafe Ketchup

Café Ketchup Copenhagen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Ketchup, Tivoli Jun 04, 2010
One of the many places in Tivoli, where you can get something to drink, is called Ketchup. Ketchup opened back in 2000 and was based on the principles from a former very trendy place in Pilestræde in the city centre of Copenhagen.

The place looks nice from outside and the style is in general based on a luxurious French brassiere style. I have never been inside but I am pretty sure it is a genuine tourist trap. What I have done is standing outside in the bar a couple of times waiting for the Friday night concerts starts at 10 pm. For that purpose the place is great but also quite expensive.

The waiters know what they are doing and the drinks are really nice but pricy. I would drink to coffee and beers if you want something to drink while you stay there waiting for the concert to start. The toilets can be hard to find but they are in the basement.
In Café Ketchup
From outside
TYoungTX TYoungTX
International Cuisine and Scene May 16, 2007
If you are looking for the coolest bar in Copenhagen, international cuisine, and to be part of the scene, Cafe Ketchup is your best bet. Cafe Ketchup is known for the best Cosmopolitan in Copenhagen, as well as great Mojitos. The bar is beautiful, with trendy lighting, beautiful people and great cocktails. The restaurant has interesting food pairings down to an art and a really fine wine list. Just don't look for a ketchup list!

On my visit, I had an amazing waiter named Jakob, who gave wonderful recommendations on the restaurant's dishes and suggested wine pairings with each course. For my first course, I had scallops done two ways: one fried with wasabi mayo, and the other steamed with a caviar dip. They were excellent with a nice white wine. For the main course, I had their signature bouillaibaisse with half a lobster, a tiger shrimp tempura style, a redfish fillet and blue mussels. This one was paired with a great pinot noir. The seafood was fresh, flavorful and beautifully presented. For dessert, I had a creme brulee paired with a nice tawny port.

The kitchen is below the main restaurant floor, but you can see the chefs in action as there is a large open area in the midst of the restaurant floor allowing excellent views. The chef even came by our table to check on the meal!
Cool Bar in Cafe Ketchup
nadda nadda
Nov 17, 2006
What can I say. The food was great! We got a 4 dish menu and brilliant service. A definate gogo

Check Copenhagen Hotel Deals