Café Deco Bar & Grill

Café Deco Bar & Grill Hong Kong Reviews

travelman727 travelma…
Great View, Great Food, Great Times Dec 30, 2004
CAFE DECO BAR & GRILL

Café Deco Bar & Grill offers some of the best views of Hong Kong, hands down…oh, yeah…and the food isn’t bad either.

Not your usual restaurant review. But Café Deco is not your ordinary dining establishment.

The picture I’ve included cannot do justice to the panorama that awaits you. Two things are required to make an evening you’ll cherish forever: pray for clear weather and make arrangements with as much advance notice as possible.

Tell the receptionist you want to sit on the second floor at a northeast window with a view unobstructed by the Peak Tower. I made a booking four months in advance and we got the best views in the house. They have outdoor seating; however, you then are at the mercy of the elements.

Personally, this is what I would do. I would make dinner reservations for a few minutes after sunset. I’d arrive at the top of Victoria Peak about three hours early. I’d first go to Café Deco, confirm my party and check out the view from my table. Secondly, I’d have them also save a place on the west side about 30 minutes before sunset to have appetizers and drinks. This way, you can enjoy the sun sinking peacefully into the South China Sea over the New Territories before watching Hong Kong and Kowloon come alive at night.

After settling things at Café Deco, I’d spend a couple of hours touring Victoria Peak. There is something for everyone: Galleria mall, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Madame Tussaud’s, people watching and possibly the best walking paths in the world.

Café Deco has several open kitchen stations offering a wide variety of international cuisines. Everyone can find several items they like. Our party of 23 devoured Thai, American, Chinese and Italian as well as several scrumptious desserts.

The environment is hip with original Art Deco paintings and wood inlaid floor. They also have a jazz quartet playing most evenings. Check when making reservations for band’s times and dates if interested.

Café Deco isn’t cheap. Like my father used to say, “This place ain’t McDonald’s.” We dropped about $50 U.S. a person back in 2004. However, it’s well worth the money for a one-of-a-kind experience. This is a great place to mark a special occasion…or create one :-D
View from Café Deco Bar & Grill
sylviandavid says:
sounds wonderful!
Posted on: Aug 24, 2008
Amanda says:
Great review - I can't wait to try this place someday!! Thanks for the specific info on where to ask to sit!! That will come in handy!!
Posted on: Aug 31, 2006
X_Drive says:
$50 per head is cheap in this day. I heard about a spaghetti place today that wasn't near this nice and was $100 a head with nothing to drink, not even wine. :)
This looks and sounds amazing!
Posted on: Aug 15, 2006