Café Club Leo Resto

+33 3 80 41 40 35

Café Club Leo Resto Dijon Reviews

planxty planxty
Not at all bad for a station buffet. May 01, 2017
It is true to say that I do not like places of refreshment attached to transport hubs as they are almost invariably overpriced, soulless and with pretty indifferent staff who know that apart from a few regular commuters the chances are they will not see the customer again by the very nature of the place and so they don't feel the need to try too hard. It was therefore with the greatest pleasure that I discovered the Cafe Leo in the railway station in Dijon which is rather the exception that proves the rule.

I had been dropped off at the Station by my lift and had a bit of time to kill as I could not access my flat (apartment) until a certain time in the afternoon and as it was nearby I did not see much point in dragging my kit all over town so I thought I'd bite the bullet and have a beer here. What a pleasant surprise. A modern and gleamingly clean bar with a good sized al fresco area outside although it was still a bit chilly for that and signboards and menus etc. which suggested that it was fairly food orientated. In relation to the food, I did not eat a meal there during my several visits although it looked consistently well presented and smelled gorgeous. I even managed a quick chat with the young female chef one day and she gave me a French recipe! I did succumb one day to a slice of one of the wide selection of cakes / tartes on offer (as pictured) and it really was very good but back to my first visit.

There were a decent number of very attentive staff on duty and I was served immediately by a very pleasant young barmaid who I know now speaks English but humoured my in the French I was trying so hard to improve. I chose a large Edelweiss beer from the decent selection of both draught and bottles on offer and the young lady even had time for a bit of a friendly chat which I generally don't expect in a station buffet. The Edelweiss is an Austrian wheat beer and I do rather like that style especially when it as well-kept as here and so another was called for.

The Station was a bit of a short cut for me to get from where I was staying into the centre and I used to make a point of stopping off there for a livener in the morning. The staff must have got to know me by the way they greeted me which was probably pleasing and worrying in about equal measure.

On a purely logistical note the entire premises are step free and the "facilities" are fully accessible (and immaculately clean) as I know this is an issue for some travellers.

The only minor disadvantage is an odd one and of the avian variety. Because of the design of the building the bloody pigeons ("flying rats as Londoners call them) can and do get everywhere as some of the images attest. I really don't like them but I suppose there is little to be done.

I can only say that Cafe Leo or Leo Resto as it styles itself is nothing like a station buffet and that, trust me, is a compliment.

Cafe Leo, Dijon.