Café Buenos Aires

1316 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Café Buenos Aires Santa Barbara Reviews

keeweeset keeweeset
Apr 29, 2007
I really enjoyed sitting on the outdoor patio next to the little fountain. It felt like being on holidays, the sun was shining and the weather was good to have lunch outdoors. There are heaters on the patio, so outdoor seating is also available at night. The staff let us choose any table we wanted and were helpful with explaining drink choices.

I liked that the restaurant offered having half a sandwich with soup, salad, or fries. Another option was to have half a sandwich with salad and soup. I had the Vegetarian sandwich with eggplant, sweet peppers, squash, goat cheese, sprouts and pesto spread on focaccia bread with a side salad, I enjoyed it and would probably get it again. My other half had the meat pie, which looked like a piece of art when it arrived and it tasted yummy. The thin crust formed a shell over the top of the pie, keeping the warmth inside. It consisted of ground beef, raisins, olives and crumbled corn.

I would definitely go back to the Café Buenos Aires to try the tapas, which they offer as appetizers as well as the steak. On Friday and Saturday nights they have live music from 7 until 10 pm, which should create quite a nice atmosphere and on Wednesday nights there is live Tango and Guest Tango Dancing from 6:45 to 9:30pm. On Thursdays, the restaurant has a Mojito special, when ordering an entrée the Mojito is $3.50.
Kana says:
I'd love to try this place next time I am down there! :)
Posted on: Apr 29, 2007