Café Berlin

www.cafeberlindc.com - 202.543.7656

Café Berlin Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Come eat here BEFORE you go to Germany... Mar 31, 2010
...because if you go to Germany first, and then come back here, it's a little disappointing. Cafe Berlin is the place to go to reminincse on good German food, but the food in Germany is soooooo much better.

I recommend Cafe Berlin if you need to take a visit back to Germany, but can't afford a plane ticket. You enter a downstairs area with low ceilings and a nice inviting decor. The wild meat menu is a good idea to look over. I'm not a beer drinker, but the people I went with liked the beer choices. It's such a nice, warm, and inviting place to sit and eat. When it's cold outside or raining, this is the place to be!
jennjeff1 jennjeff1
Feb 13, 2008
Café Berlin in Washington, DC is the best, authentic German food in the DC-Baltimore area. I hear its better than the German restaurant in Old Town Alexandria. Café Berlin is also easy to get to, just take the Metro Red Line to Union Station, go out the main entrance and walk 3 blocks southeast on Massachusetts Ave., NE.

We had a reunion of our DC and Baltimore friends in February 2008 at Café Berlin, which was an excellent choice for a dinner party of 6-8 people. The Glühwein (red wine with mulling spices served warm, my favorite hot drink and the third time I got to have some this winter!) was excellent and the menu was definitely authentic German. I had the Elk from the "Game Menu" which also featured Wild Game, Bison, Venison, Pheasant, and Wild Boar. They had a good wine menu and they also carry typical German specialties like Schnitzels, Braten, Goulash, Wurst, Duck and Fish (Salmon, Flounder & Trout). Appetizers included Kartoffel Pfannkuchen (potato pancakes), Gefüllte Champignons (Baked mushroom caps filled with Westfaelian ham and topped with cheese) and Gebackener Brie (Baked wheel of brie topped with toasted almonds.)

The Café Berlin also has a full bar with German schapps and beer. If you are in the mood for some real authentic German food and spirits while in our nation's capital near Capitol Hill, you need to pay a visit to Café Berlin!
Café Berlin for authentic German …
After the Glühwein, our group of …
jennjeff1 says:
Well... I wrote the review in 2008--you should have joined TravBuddy sooner I guess! ;)
Posted on: May 24, 2011
mellemel8 says:
hmmm i miss german food...oh and the gluhwein :)
Posted on: Feb 20, 2008