Cadogan Hall (RPO, etc)

London, England

Cadogan Hall (RPO, etc) London Reviews

Kalium_zer0 Kalium_z…
Sep 05, 2007
Cadogan Hall is one of my favourite concert halls in London. It is small, which means it is intimate and has excellent acoustics. Not even a guitar becomes overwhelmed by the size of the hall.

I have been to this hall in a number of ocassions, and can recommend it as the perfect place to spend an evening with a special companion. It is located in Kensington and Chelsea, one of the richest and most elegant Boroughs of London, and public transport is readily available. The pre-event reception can be enjoyable although the refreshments provided can be a bit expensive.

The reason I went in the first ocassion was to see the great guitarist John Williams performing live (I admit, the ticket was expensive and slightly above my student budget but definitely worth it!). To see one of the top instrumentists of the world is a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity which one should never miss. [Here, I could go on an on about the music he performed and how divine that experience was, but I fear no one actually cares!]

On the other two ocassions that I went, I was attending the Beethoven Symphony cycle, with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra under Janus Petrovic's conduction. The tickets were less expensive for these events. While the conduction style was somewhat unconventional (not to say awkward), the orchestra was exceptional. The interpretation of Beethoven's 5th and 9th were very touching. A tear or two must have blossomed from any tender heart.

PS: The picture is slightly dodgy, but I had to photograph Johnny when the chance was given. There was little time to focus, etc.
The man himself, John Williams, wi…

Check London Hotel Deals