Cactus Jacks

cactusjacks.ie - 091 563 838

Cactus Jacks Galway Reviews

lolableME lolableME
Tasty Food, Great Menu, Would go back! Jun 07, 2012
"Cactus Jacks restaurant Dublin 1, is one of Dublin and Galway’s finest Mexican restaurants. Its menu is designed to cater for all tastes from authentic Mexican Restaurant dishes to succulent steaks to our new tapas range."

I went here for dinner on a Wednesday evening with 2 of my friends. It was my first time here, even though I pass it everyday.If you are walking down Shop Street, the main pedestrian street in Galway city, walk towards Jury's Inn by the iconic Spanish Arch. You'll come to a bar called the Quays before you come to the Spanish Arch. Turn down the lane way and right in front of you, opposite the old wall of Galway, is Cactus Jacks.

The interior is modern, its not so much a cheesy Mexican restaurant it is more romantic, dimly lit and rose coloured with some Mexican attributes.

The menu had loads of choice from fresh fish, meat, vegetarian, tapas, main meals to side dishes. Everything looked so amazing, it took us about a half an hour to choose! They also have a variety of frozen cocktails which looked perfect for a celebratory night out or just chilling with a few friends!

They have the full menu on their website if you want to look before you go and they have an early bird special menu:

Enjoy 3 courses and a glass of wine for only €19.95!

Available Monday to Saturday: 4pm – 7pm, Sunday: all day

I got breaded Calamaris in a spicy salsa and mini salad for starter. I would give it a 10 out of 10! Absolutely Delicious! They cost €4:95 and you could have got them as a main course for around €9. For the main I ordered the latino burger which had jack cheese, jalapeños, chipotle sauce and chorizo. It came with chips (french fries) too. The burger was cooked just right, so tasty and flavoursome. The burger was €12.95

They had a paella option too which I would have gone for, but it was for 2 people minimum so you have to have a paella buddy!

We didn't get drinks as we were working the next day so we just had water.

I would recommend this place to everyone. And as an extra incentive "Ladies and gentlemen, kid’s eat free at Cactus Jacks Restaurant Dublin & Galway every Sunday. One child per one paying adult. Under 12 years of age." I think thats a good deal too! :)

Check Galway Hotel Deals