Cabana Copa Hostel

Cabana Copa Hostel Rates and Deals

Cabana Copa Hostel Rio de Janeiro Reviews

IdRatherBeTraveling IdRather…
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Nov 17, 2010
I visited this place for Carnival in February 2010 and besides not having a pool this place has it all. The location is amazing. The owner, Ian, is very knowledgeable, fun and understanding. The staff are great and do not mistreat anyone. The daily breakfast is legit, the bar is open and night with free caprhinias during happy hour, and the list goes on and on. You can not go wrong with this place. I actually stay in touch with the owner as I want to work here or at least visit again when I move to Rio for the World Cup in 2014. Tell him Chris Laub sent you, he'll hook you up!
ludmy says:
This weekend, in Rio de Janeiro, I slept one night at the Copa Cabana. Besides the dirt of the place, I was robbed and I checked out a day early because of the filth of the place. I asked for the receipt of payment and they said I would have to send an e-mail. And who says they bother to respond?

I do not recommend. I stayed on Saturday and the bathrooms were disgusting. My shoes was stolen in my room and no one spoke (I know it was my responsibility, but not a "sorry" was written or said). Furthermore, I decided to check out a day ahead of schedule because I could not stand the mess of the hostel. And they decided to charge me that day, I would not be there due to lack of cleaning the hostel itself. I paid. I paid and said I would wirte a bad review on internet, because my experience there was horrible. The receptionist said, "If you do this, the less people will come here and you will unemploy people" ABSURD. If they wanted to hire more employees, would be IDEAL to clean and organize the hostel.
Posted on: Oct 03, 2012