Cabañas Maria del Mar

Cabañas Maria del Mar Isla Mujeres Reviews

Merch Merch
A nice hotel in Backpacker's paradise Jan 17, 2012
This is an OK hotel.

I put expensive in cost because of what we got for that price. BUT, we stayed here from the 27th of December 2011 to the 1 of January 2012 so the prices were higher. Keep that in mind.

We brought our heavy bags to the reception ready to check in. The lady in the reception, that didn't know how to smile, took us to the building across the street and told us our room was on the second floor and there were no elevator. This is actually not a big issue, but this really made us tired. I just had to point this out. Haha. If making a reservation at this hotel, don't say you want a room on the second floor if you are carrying heave bags, ok? Haha.

The room was a bit of a disappointment, but still okay. The bed was really hard and you couldn't sit on the end of the bed without it sounding like it would crash down. Haha. The bathroom was also okay, and to you girls reading this: very bad lighting in the bathroom! Haha.

I don't want to sound so negative about this hotel, because still the truth is, it's a nice hotel IF you don't pay over 120 usd per night. If the price were lower I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, because it wasn't bad, but it just wasn't even a little bit NEAR to what you would expect to get for that price.

The best things about this hotel is: the fan in the ceiling (you don't have to get sick because of the AC), the refrigerator (perfect, a must have) and that it's just by the beach.

So, I recommend this if you're not looking for anything special, just a nice room near the beach. And, in low season when the prices aren't that high.

Check Isla Mujeres Hotel Deals