Cabañas La Iguana

Ayampe, Ecuador
www.designalltag.com/ayampe - 593-4-2780725 or 593 4 278 06 05

Compare Puerto Lopez Hotel Rates (11.1km away)

Cabañas La Iguana Ayampe Reviews

hmbhmb hmbhmb
If you're into falling asleep to the sound of the ocean, in a cool, tranquil, rustic cabaña in paradise....stay here. Jul 04, 2009
If you want to escape to a tranquilo coastside village and stay at an awesome place near the beach, then you will dig Cabañas La Iguana. Sandra y Galvan are the wonderful Columbian couple who run the place. They are super helpful and knowledgeable about the area and will share great places to hike, eat and chill. They'll also help you to arrange anything from a tour to Isla de La Plata to horseback riding. They are amazing. In fact, I originally planned to stay in Ayampe for 3 days, but ended up staying for a week, because I fell in love with the atmosphere at Cabañas La Iguana.

I love the ocean. I don't love crowds of people and beach vendors. I love staying at a place where most of the sounds I hear come from birds and the ocean. I love staying at a place that is clean, private, simple, has hot water, private baths and where I feel safe traveling alone. I love Hostals where the people who manage them are present when you need them and respectful enough to give you privacy.

When I went last week I stayed in a room with a private bath and hot water. They provided soap and towels, a cool mosquito net over the bed if you need it (I used it because it felt like I was on safari, but there wasn't one mosquito in my room). The room had a double bed and a bunk bed. So, it could've slept 3 or 4 people. But, I had it to myself. In fact, I had the whole place to myself! It was awesome. I paid $10 a night. It didn't include breakfast. But, if you'd like breakfast, just let Sandra know and she'll prep a huge one for you for, I think $3.50. It includes- coffee, hot chocolate or tea, fresh juice, eggs, toast, granola, fruit and yogurt. Actually, she'll make you lunch or dinner as well. I had a full almuerzo (lunch) for $2.50.

There's a central palapa with a bunch of hammocks and tables. Also, there are a few books...although mostly in German....(the owners are an Ecuadorian and Swiss). There's also a little stereo with a bunch of local CDs......

This place is completely chill and just 2 minutes from a pretty much deserted beach. This place is for you if you are into simplicity, quiet and chill. It is not Montanita. It doesn't have WIFI. But, Las Tortugas, next door has internet access for $2 an hour.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. In fact...I loved it so much, I'm going back in 3 weeks.
Road behind Cabañas La Iguana
view from hike near La Iguana
Central palapa with hammocks, tabl…
My Cabaña!
oksy oksy
Jun 29, 2007
Stunning location...amazing people, great food.This place will always be with me.

Compare Puerto Lopez Hotel Rates (11.1km away)

Ayampe Map