CN Tower

www.cntower.ca - (416) 868-6937

CN Tower Toronto Reviews

london110 london110
Must-see when visiting Toronto May 09, 2013
A must-see when visiting Toronto as this is our famous landmark. In 1995, the CN Tower was classified as one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World by the American Society of Civil Engineers. It costs $40 to get up top plus the SkyPod which -- is one of the highest observation platforms in the world with a unique and spectacular view like no other. Board a separate elevator on the LookOut Level to travel through the core of the Tower an incredible 33 additional stories higher to SkyPod. This level features a unique 360° perspective looking down over Toronto, Lake Ontario and beyond. Under ideal conditions visibility is up to 160km /100 miles away to Niagara Falls and New York State.

I've been to the CN Tower many times when relatives visited us. I will be going again very soon to experience the EdgeWalk which is a new attraction that allows you to walk on the outside top of the CN Tower! For $175 + tax, you can visit the inside of the CN Tower, walk on the outside and get photos and a video of you on the outside top of the tower.

I will post another CN Tower review after I've done the EdgeWalk.
My aunt visiting from Sweden
london110 says:
Haha yup, I love the lighting of the CN tower. They just added the EdgeWalk last year in 2012 so it's a new attraction. I hope to go in June when it's warm out.
Posted on: May 10, 2013
roiab says:
Love the CN Tower! I think it's cool how they light it up blue for the Leafs playoff games!
When I went here back in 2010, there was no EdgeWalk yet, I believe. I did however do an edgewalk on the Macau Tower, and it was an awesome experience. I'm sure you'll have fun :)
Posted on: May 10, 2013
fransglobal says:
Looking forward to your Edge Walk video....
Posted on: May 09, 2013
Africancrab Africanc…
Overrated and Popular Aug 01, 2012
With my plans to visit Canada, came a list of ‘To Do Things’. On my long “Bucket List” has always been the CN Tower and Banff in Canada. So once I was done with my older sister, Niagara falls and Kitchener, I went off to Etobicoke to see my baby brother (who by the way looks older only because he is 6’4 in height). His wife and I had booked a tour of Toronto on the open top buses. I figured travelling with children this was the best way to go. My brother also has a 3 year old which meant we would have 3 children tagging along. So our first stop was of course going to be the highly recommended CN Towers. One cannot miss it, it towers the Toronto Skyline. I had tried to book a dinner at the restaurant above it before leaving the United States, but they were booked for months I was told.

As you may have read from the many reviews on Virtual Tourist and elsewhere, it comes highly recommend. But I tell you what? I thought it was highly overrated and was frankly disappointed after trying two days in vain to get up to the top of the tower. It did however remind me of the Space Needle in Seattle and the inkling to go up was stronger. One the first day, we arrived at a little after 1:00 pm, the hassle of going down to the ticket counter using the escalator was frustrating. The establishment is not handicap friendly so we had to carry the baby’s stroller down the escalator and up a flight of stairs on the return. Once we got to the ticket counter, we waited in line for almost 25 minutes, only to be told there was a 2 hour wait to get to the top. The children were hungry and hot. Josephine and I decided we would try again the next morning between 9:00 – 11:00 am when we were told were the best times.

A few people still think it is the tallest building on earth, but that is because they have not been to the Emirates lately (smile!). It is now among the top five tallest free standing structures and a wonder of the world. As such it is a huge attraction to millions who come to visit it each year. It features a rotating restaurant at the top, a high-speed elevator, #D Movie Theater, a wine cellar and three sightseeing stops along the way.

The next day we left home early and headed downtown to get on our tour bus. Unfortunately due to delays by the tour bus, we got to the CN Tower at 12:00 noon, this time I had my daughter go find out how long the wait is, seeing as we had missed the times advised the day before. The wait was an hour and 30 minutes. Well we decided it was not worth the wait, we wanted to go to the Harbour Front and take a boat to the island, and that is what we did. I figured, I will leave it on my ‘to do list’ for next summer when we plan to go to Banff. From the outside, the tower is impressive, makes one feel really small; I figured the view from above would be of the entire Toronto area, next time.

Prices to go up vary based on the package one chooses. We just wanted to go up to the viewing deck to see Toronto’s Skyline.

Prices:

*Observation Plus - $28.99 per adult, $21.99 for children (4-12), $24.99 for seniors 65 and older

*Observation Only - $22.99 per adult, $14.99 children (4-12 yrs), $20.99 for seniors 65 and older

Individual tours or a la Carte tours include;

Sky pod - $10.00 per person

Motion Theater ride only - $10.00 per person

Maple Leaf Theater - $10.00 per person

I believe the Citypass gives you a better package because it includes the top 5 must see attractions of Toronto for $58.99

However if you find yourself wanting to tour it, my brother recommends doing it at night. Apparently the night views are breath-taking.
Africancrab says:
You are so lucky Christian. I should love to go up there the next time I make it to Toronto. I will check out your review, I thought I had initially.
Posted on: Dec 27, 2012
Chokk says:
I was there one early morning and I was practically alone or so it felt because I had feared a crowded place - I ended up being in the Sky Pod with very few people - I was able to take shots up there with no people on
Posted on: Dec 27, 2012
Africancrab says:
Oh Roger, to say that I was disappointed is to understate it. I don't normally mind crowds if there is a method to the madness but this one was a little much. Perhaps I will have more patience the next time I visit Toronto, and perhaps go by at night since I was told it is beautiful in the night.
Posted on: Aug 12, 2012
Chokk Chokk
A nice experience Aug 21, 2011
The CN Tower is considered a must when you staying in Toronto and I decided I would be there as early as possible in the morning in order to avoid the crowd, at least that was my hope.

It was a wonderful Sunday morning and I was already at the tower 9.10 am, mainly because I woke up extremely early still on European time after having arrived in Toronto the day before.

I had parked my rental car just across the street in the underground parking under the train museum and arrived to a very short queue; it consisted only of 5 persons before me.

I quickly managed all the lines and found myself in front of the elevator taking me to the observation level. The elevator was nice because you have the view out and down so you could follow the climb up. After less than a minute we were up and there was probably 50 other tourists up there at that point.

The view was great even though it was not completely clear but I managed to be there on a good day. I had not bought a ticket to the sky pod, which I found was a mistake but luckily they also sold tickets at the entrance for 11,30$. Afterwards I was happy that I bought for the last 33 stories as well, because when I arrived there were less than 10 persons in the Sky Pod, which meant that I had whole corner views for myself.

The elevator from the sky pod took me down to the glass deck where some persons were lying down to make their favourite shot. I went down afterwards and was quite pleased with the experience; it had been well worth the 35 $.
The ticket office
The ticket office
The Canadian Moose
The restaurant
Thanks - Toronto is wonderful
HuBison says:
Great review, I may end up in Toronto near year.
Brave girl ;D
Posted on: Mar 15, 2012
jamesdean252 jamesdea…
Birds eye view of Toronto Aug 11, 2011
In 1976 the CN tower became a signature icon in the heart of downtown Toronto that you are able to see it from miles away on a clear day driving into town. For 34 years the CN tower was the world’s record holder for the tallest free-standing structure and the tallest tower standing 1,815.4feet (553.33 meters). The communications and observation tower has become an icon for tourist to visit from all around the world. Its name "CN" originally referred to Canadian National, the railway company that built the tower.

I am not sure what the normal price for admission is for the tower since we purchased the citypass and were able to skip the lines going through security. That was quiet nice, which saved a lot of time and money. Since I heard the prices were high, check out my review on the citypass if you want more information.

The ride up in the elevator is short and sweet with a couple glass tiles in the floor for your viewing pleasure. On an overcast day like the day we went you aren’t able to get a spectacular view but the view is still pretty amazing. With the limited visibility we were still able to see the hussel and bussel of the Toronto streets below. The staff members say that you can see the Mist from Niagara Falls on a clear day. The observation deck consists of an indoor and outdoor viewing area. The breeze felt pretty nice from way up above but pictures are limited since there are nets up to protect people from falling.

The line for the skypod was over an hour and since the visibility was limited we decided to skip it. The glass floor viewing area was packed with kids sprawled out all over the floor taking photos and jumping on the glass. It defiantly was a weird feeling but was still pretty cool to do. We kept seeing signs for a new attraction that was opening soon at the tower and that was the sky walk. After checking more into it online makes me want to go back to give it a try. We did also get the choice of a 3d movie or a simulated ride; we picked the ride which was kind of cool but really fast pace for a simulated ride.

If you are looking to get a bird’s eye view of Toronto and beyond, then make sure you stop at the CN Tower and don’t be scared to step out on the glass floor.
pacificscorpio says:
Watched the opening of 'The EdgeWalk' on TV last week, looks amazing.
Posted on: Aug 11, 2011
wuha wuha
CN tower Mar 19, 2011
We used the CityPass for our weekend trip to Toronto and decided to check out the CN Tower. There was no line to get our CityPass booklet and we were able to bypass the photo opportunity before heading through security and onto the elevator. The woman in the elevator was friendly, but didn't seem to love her job. We took a quick wander around the upper deck, walked around on the glass floor, headed outside for a quick picture and then were ready to take the elevator back down. The CityPass gave us admission to either a 3D movie or a video ride, so we chose the movie. It was nice to sit down for a 20 minute movie break, but the movie wasn't anything earth-shattering. Make a stop at the CN Tower if you have kids who would enjoy the glass floor, but don't plan on spending a ton of time here.
HuBison says:
Glass Floor? I will also have to look up CityPass. Thanks for your review.
Jamal1280 says:
I liked the video ride lol :)
Posted on: Jul 23, 2011
rvyasca rvyasca
See whole Toronto from here..!! Jul 17, 2011
CN Tower is Torontonian attraction. You have great elevator to bring you up. It is 1175 feet tall building located in downtown Toronto (I live 10 minuets from there). Up there, there are many things to do which can keep you busy for about 4 to 5 hours easy. You have Look Out, Glass floor (this is amazing as at the distance this high, you will have nothing in between, just you stand on glass and look down to see ground..scary..!!), 3D film which features beauty of island, motion theater ride. All these cost (Nothing left) $35+13% tax=$39.55. There are also individual tickets available, I would suggest to book the whole package. They also have 360 restaurant. Breathtaking view of city with drinks in your hand...nothing beats it.,,this is bit expensive depending upon menu you choose. I would suggest to check forecast before you buy a ticket. Choose a day when it's not cloudy and try checking in one hour before sunset so that you can enjoy day and night time view in the same price.

There are four more attractions in Toronto beside others, one can buy city pass to cover all these places for $59.

Let me know when you coming...I would love to bring you around.
tenaka tenaka
Worth the lines Jul 01, 2011
I took a trip up to both the observation deck and the skypod after a Blue Jays game. They have a cross promotion (and are right next to eachother) so if you have a ticket for that day's game you get a good discount. I really wasn't interested in the movie/ride portion and didn't take it so I can't say much about that.

Once you get your ticket and go in there is a very long line to actually go up. Understandably they can only have so many people up there so every time an elevator full comes down, thats when another lets people go up. I was probably in line about 45 minutes before getting to go to the observation deck.

Its a great view up there. Everyone is over by the glass floor section to take photos. If you want to do the same you're probably going to have to settle for having other people in the background of your shot.

There is another line and wait to go up to the skypod. But its so worth it. The view, and the visibility for pictures, is sooo much better up there.
dannyrock4 dannyroc…
Nice, but expensive Jan 30, 2011
For most people this is a must do in Toronto, yes it is, but of course only on a clear day!! The views are amazing, you can pay extra to go up higher to the sky pod, its pretty much the same views, just a smaller viewing area! I was there durning January, it was pretty cold, it is expensive and there are many options, the most expensive option $35 allows you to travel all the way to the top (sky pod) plus the two attractions at the bottom when you come back down. First off all both attractions have nothing to do with the CN Tower or Canada, one was a 3d surf trip and the other was this simulation ride following a log around a forest, yes I know very strange! All in all, a good experience.
CN Tower
At the bottom of the CN Tower
The View over snowy canada
dont look down!!
dannyrock4 says:
yeah, that was pretty weird, and the 3d beach video, i just wonder what either of these have to do with Toronto, haha!
Posted on: Jun 27, 2011
Jamal1280 says:
I really enjoyed my experience there, even the silly virtual roller coaster theater experience :P
Posted on: Jun 26, 2011
xCOREx xCOREx
Quick Attraction Jan 06, 2011
This experience was very neat but for the cost it was over quite fast. You have to pay extra to experience the full CN tower and that is not included in the Toronto Pass (which I would recommend). If you are on a tight budget and seeing unique attractions like this are not on the top of the list I would say not to sweat it but if you have the cash then I suggest it because you get to view the heights on a glass floor and going up/down while in the elevator.
Un-rotated view of the CN Tower.
Looking down (from view included i…
Eric says:
Welcome to TravBuddy and thanks for sharing your review!
Posted on: Jan 14, 2011
davidfre davidfre
As Touristy as Toronto Gets Oct 05, 2011
Pros:

-the view

-360 Restaurant is very good

-tallest free-standing structure in the Western Hemisphere.

-walking on the glass floor

Cons:

-the amount of tourists in summer

-the high price of entry

-not really too much to do up there as far as activities
williamsworld says:
seems like a very popular place
Posted on: Oct 10, 2011
davox davox
Way up high Jul 16, 2011
If you are just passing by Toronto, you shouldn't miss the visit to CN Tower, one of the tallest buildings in the world. You'll get goosebumps when you step on the glass floor and stare down. Definitely best place to have a 360 degree view of the city.
feltmountain feltmoun…
Good to climb Jul 12, 2011
It's a must see if you ever come to Toronto. You should climb to stairs or ride the elevator up to the rotating restaurant. Either way, its a must see as it is the main landmark in Toronto, in Canada for that matter. Also recently added colourful lights that shine at nighttime (don't really like it myself)
kokolovehuh kokolove…
splendid sightseeing spot in Toronto Jun 30, 2011
Despite the restaurant at the top of the tower, a tour inside the tower is very affordable. It would be a great experience to take a look at the city and Lake Ontario. Of course, you can pay a dollar or so to use the binoculars on top of the tower for sightseeing.
shelbymartin shelbyma…
Dinner in the CN Tower! Jun 16, 2011
Being in the CN Tower, looking over the city of Toronto is such a beautiful sight to see - especially at night.

There's a glass floor you walk on so it feels like you are standing on nothing - but don't worry, you're safe and sound.

I'd advise going for a dinner in the evening, getting a bit dolled up, and enjoy the scenery of a busy city.
dreamrJan dreamrJan
cn tower Jun 12, 2011
this is a cool place if you are in toronto. Just a one time, been there, done that sight. Nothing too spectacular. too touristy of course. Still recommended since I forgot what other places are of interest in Toronto. Toronto is still a great city.
liubam liubam
Great view of the city Apr 18, 2011
The tower has a great view of the city and the lake and many Torontonians are very proud of it. You can also grab a meal at the restaurant on top of the tower (dont have to pay entrance fee this way). The food at the restaurant isn't superb but it definitely has a great view!
GloryBound GloryBou…
An experience Mar 15, 2011
If you don't mind the lines or waiting in them. Go to the CN, but go at NIGHT. During the day it looks like any other Canadian city, large and concrete. At night, the lights make it look magical and it seems to go on forever. There is also a bar at the top if you wanted to grab a drink or two and enjoy the view-like I did. It was a very nice time.
AgnesDyjach AgnesDyj…
R U Scared of Heights? Mar 09, 2011
Great Place to Visit.. u can either take the elevator (recommended) or be brave and do teh stair climb of over 1,000 steps! Once of the coolest features is the revolving restaurant and the glass floor!
roiab roiab
CN Tower - The definitive Toronto landmark Nov 24, 2010
When in Toronto, it is an absolute must to go to this tower. Built in the 70s, it is the tallest structure in the Western Hemisphere. From a dizzying height, you get to see Toronto in all its glory, as well as a great view of Lake Ontario. The glass floor of the giant disc is great for photo ops, as you can lie down on it and have the ground way down below as you background. Great items are also found at the gift shop at the ground floor. It is also near another renowned landmark, the Rogers Centre, a stadium with a retractable roof and home of the Blue Jays baseball team.

*Special thanks to my sis and fellow TB Jolie for the pics.
The CN Tower and Rogers Centre in …
The mountie at the ground floor
Posing on the glass floor (look ho…
Nair2011 Nair2011
Spectacular Toronto in lights Apr 24, 2010
CN Tower, Tallest structure in Toronto, Ontario, Canada is a great place to visit to see Toronto under lights. Entry fee was around 25USD for all activities include the Look Out, Glass Floor, Sky Pod, and a Film.

The structure with an antenna on top and with LED lighting in the night looks amazing. Travelling in transparant capsule elevators to 1200ft above Toronto to see the beautiful breath taking Toronto in lights is spectacular. The skypod view is amazing too. Experience the breeze standing on top of CN tower is marvelous feeling.

Movie of 20 mins about the why the need and how of the CN tower construction is very informative. Sovwnir shop on ground floor has good collection too.
CN tower...
CN Tower Entrance
About CN Tower attractions
CN tower reception
montecarlostar says:
This was a very cool ride we took to the top of the CN tower. The view of Toronto is unbelievable
Posted on: Jul 03, 2011