CICAR, Canary Islands Car, S.L.

Canary Islands, Spain

CICAR, Canary Islands Car, S.L. Reviews

EmyG EmyG
CICAR (Canary Islands CAR) Jul 07, 2014
CICAR is a reputable company that have been around for many years in the Canaries. They have many offices in all islands. I booked my cars online 3 weeks before my holiday. The reservation process was easy. They had a wide selection of cars. They don’t take any deposit. You can pay by cash or by credit / debit card on the place.

What I would say is that I highly recommend them. Very quick hassle free service; no one attempts to sell any extras such as an overpriced tank of fuel, extra insurance etc. The contract is in both Spanish and English. They add second driver for free if you ask for that. All cars we rented were almost new, in a good condition and with a full insurence! We rented 4 cars on 4 islands and every time CICAR gave us an excellent service. On every island renting a car looked a bit different.

Lanzarote

They delivered a car to our hotel. A representative of CICAR gave us a map of Lanzarote and explained everything. I booked Ford Fiesta and I got Ford Fiesta. Pretty blue Ford Fiesta (you know that for girls colours matters?). The car had less than 2 years and was clean. The on-board computer and the radio were in Polish! They set up all in my native language to make driving it easier. We got a car with half a tank of petrol. We had to give a deposite for this. We then had the option to return the car empty and not be charged or return it with a 1/2 tank and get a refund. We dropped off the car almost empty so they kept the deposit. We dropped off the car in the parking lot which was well marked. Car keys we left in the harbour’s office. They didn’t check how much petrol was in the tank or if the car was in one piece. CICAR seems to be relaxed about everything.

Fuerteventura

We picked up the car in the port in Corralejo. Everything went smooth. I booked Opel Corsa I got Opel Astra. The upgrade was for free. The car was new and clean (still wet a bit after its last visit in a car wash). Upon picking up the car, the car had a 1/4 tank of petrol, for which they charged us. Then again we had the option to return the car empty and not be charged or return it with a 1/4 tank and get a refund. When we wanted to drop off the car 3 days later the office was closed! I called the CICAR and they told me to drop off the keys into a drop box that was next to the doors. Couldn’t be easier! I forgot to tell that you don’t get car’s documents. From CICAR you got only a car (obviouosly!), insurance with the serial number of the car and keys with a keyring on which there is also the serial number of the car. This is enough for the police. That way it was easy to drop off the car even if the office was shut!

Gran Canaria

The Office in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria was already closed when we reached the island. We called the office in Gran Canaria from the ferry after leaving Fuerteventura and the guy working there was so kind to wait for us and even delivered the car to the port! When we left the ferry he was waiting for us with a plaque with the name of the company “CICAR”. He made that for free! I booked Volkswagen Polo, I got ... Opel Zafira! That calls an upgrade! For free ofc! A big car wasn’t the best thing that could happend to us in Gran Canaria where two line roads are as narrow as one line roads in Poland. Anyway, no complains! The car was brand new and shinning clean! We got it with 1/4 of the tank and didn’t pay any deposit! We left it on the parking lot in Agaete 2 days later, again we had to drop off the keys to the drop box!

Tenerife

We picked up the car in Santa Cruz de Tenerife port’s office. At first it was a bit hard to find the office because it is not well marked. We had to look a bit lost because one Spanish girl who barely spoke English asked us if we need a help. Anyway, we eventually got our car! I booked Ford Fiesta I got Opel Corsa. This time the car wasn’t so new and clean. To be honest driving it was a shocking experience after driving Opel Zafira! People get used to good things fast! Anyway, the car worked fine. We got in with an empty tank. Luckily the petrol station was just 100m away from the parking lot. We left the car in the same place with also an empty tank.

All representatives were very helpful and spoke pretty good english. All cars worked fine. A 5 star experience!
CICAR - Lanzarote
CICAR - Lanzarote
CICAR - Fuerteventura
CICAR - Fuerteventura
Ils1976 says:
a very late congrats on your feature! :D
Posted on: Aug 02, 2014
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review Emy nice one! :D
Posted on: Jul 09, 2014
EvaJ27 says:
Congrats on your feature.
Posted on: Jul 09, 2014