CHECK IN HOSTEL Berlin

Check Berlin Hotel Deals

CHECK IN HOSTEL Berlin Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
A little disappointing Nov 07, 2014
We all know that hostels are different from hotels and we all know what to expect (mostly). Some hostels I’ve stayed in before could have easily competed with very good hotels. Unfortunately this does not apply to Check In Hostel in Berlin.

For sure one must admit that the location is prime – centrally located in Berlin’s vibrant Kreuzberg district it is within only 5-minute walk from Checkpoint Charlie and other attractions. Though, the hostel is not so easy to find since it is away from the main street with not very well visible entrance.

Whoever is travelling by car must be made aware that the only parking available on site is street parking.

The check in process went really smoothly, and after obtaining our room keys (refundable deposit is charged), we were on our way to the room.

Since we pre-booked 2 beds in 8-person dorm, we knew that we’ll be sharing the room with 6 other people, but no bother. Or at least I thought so. Just till I found out that all the rest of the people in our room are guys. I have no problem sharing rooms with a mixed group of people, but to be put together into 1 room with 7 guys? I didn’t like it at all since they were all young people who came back late during the night, drunk and loud and smelly. None of them even thought about having a shower, they just got to their beds after making a lot of racket. So the next morning the room looked the state, and of course didn’t smell very nice.

Since each room has a private bathroom, that one was also in quite a state after being used by so many guys. It was not a pleasant experience for me to go in there.

The great advantage of each dorm is that there are enough personal lockers inside. That provides some extra security for your valuables.

As for the advertised table and chairs, our dorm had one small table with only 2 chairs out of which one was broken. 1 chair for 8 people to share? I guess we need to take it in turns to sit down.

The kitchen was quite a disappointment – big enough for not more than two people to prepare the food at the same time. Not very functional for a big hostel.

The dining area was also rather on a small side – with barely 3 tales and some vending machines not adapted at all to accommodate many people. And since dorm table and chair situation wasn’t any better, you were really lucky not to be waiting long for a free table.

Except for the location, there was not much else I liked about this place and most likely will not be returning here again.

The price wasn’t that great either – 2-night stay for 2 people cost us €50.40.

No recommendation for this place.
Entrance
Reception
Dorm
Dorm
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured and for surviving the night with seven drunk guys!
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
Cho says:
Congratulations on this featured review!

Check Berlin Hotel Deals