CH2 Guest House

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals

CH2 Guest House Bangkok Reviews

andrejav andrejav
CH2 Guest House May 01, 2013
The darker alleys and streets around Khou San road hide some of the cheapest good guest houses in the area. If you are going for the clean place to sleep and semi secure place to leave your stuff, this is the place to go. They were few guest houses in the row, and I simply went into the first one, right next to the post office. That made me wake up every morning around 6am hearing post trucks being loaded and unloaded, but that is small price to play for fresh air.

The bottom floor has line of computers that you can use for a small fee, but for me it was enough to have WiFi access on all floors.

Space on the floors had different purpose before, and they were probably larger apartments, but what they did on the floors is dividing space in small cubes with almost paper thin walls. Dark hallway goes through the middle of the floor separating rooms with window and rooms without any natural light. Guest house is cheapest I have found and for 150b you will find single room without window. I took double room with natural light and it cost me only 240b. Bed is good and firm but there is nothing else in the room. Electricity has main switch in the front of the door and that would be solution if you cant turn on the lights or fan in the room. I stayed there for two nights with both windows wide open and fan on the highest speed, but it did not help much during April’s hot nights.

I really hate when I lift the toilet board and it cant stay vertical… I don’t want to sit on almost public toilet and I don’t want to hold it either. There is no toilet paper in the restroom, but you can use water spray that is always next to the toilet and it is the way how you clean up in Thailand. It is a bit different than Europe, but in the end it is cleaner and gives less waste in the end (no paper to clog Bangkok old pipes). Shower is all good, spacious square with hot water and good pressure.

They offer some affordable transportation and cleaning services. I washed my clothes for 40b per kilo and they come out good. Transportation to the airport is 160b which is good deal if you are alone, but if you have few friends, taxi is the way to go (accept only taxis on meter) and they should cost around 250b. I took the cab to the Bangkok rail station for 55b and that is good and fair price. Tuk tuks are bad experience for me, and there is no way that they can be good deal. Drivers will harass you and as soon as you start talking about price, they will try to charge you double or same what you would pay for taxi. Simply not worth the argument. If you are a bit away from the touristy areas, you can find the tuk tuk that will take you around for 20b per hour, but that does not involve large distances. It is more for central part of Bangkok and some sightseeing. It is good to know that it exists.

Second day of my stay, I went to the lobby to give some stuff to be washed and to leave my valuables in the locker. Well.. I gave my dirty clothes, but forgot all my money and expensive equipment in the waterproof bag close to the reception. When I remembered that small problem, I was already at the railway station buying tickets for next day… To say the least, I was afraid that my trip is over, so I went back in record time. Believed or not, no one touched my stuff, and it was there as I left it hour before.

Anyway, this guest house is clean and cheep which is the winning combination if you are there to sleep over and keep going.

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals