TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,461 travelers just like you!

CFD
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IV

Name: Christian
Hometown: Bergen, Norway
Location: World
Join Date: August 13, 2006
Contributions: CFD has written about 270 places, shared 2,305 photos, left 1,347 comments, and smiled 644 times.
Travel Plans
Outdorsiness!
» see all 65 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Norwegian (exp) ,English (int)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Not quite sure since all places are special in its own way, but its easy to remember to things like being robbed (Manila,Budapest,Oslo,Santos,Grand Canaria) or extreme hospitality (Czech republic , Canary Islands and Philippines)

Its also easy to remember the wildest parties (Austria , Brazil and Czech republic) or places where nobody understands you and you have to make wide use of the sign language(China and France)

Its all about the people you meet on your journey!
Profile
26 Year old travel-o-maniac.. Current Occupation: Deck Officer in the Merchant navy engaged in International trade

This gives me a rewarding job transporting me around the world , and not least 182 vacationdays a year. This enables me to travel quite extensively which is my favorite feature about this job.

Im like a wanderer , a rolling stone with very few roots which ties me to a specific place in the world. I would not be surprised if i decide to settle down in another country than my birthplace , probably on a tropical islands.

I love the concept of travbuddy or Couchsurfing. Its a great way to make friends all over the world and even get local guidance all over the world.

I believe that all people is equal , skin colour , any personal defects , and races are equal. People are responsible for their own actions, and i despise people hiding behind their religion when they have committed a crime against humanity.
spocklogic says:
Bravo on the featured Philippines 2007 blog!
jendara says:
Congrats on your featured blog:)
Well done my friend!!!
holdmyhandsforever says:
Hi Christian, congrats on your featured travel blog! I'm happy you enjoyed my country, the Philippines. Happy travels buddy! :)

CFD's Travel Blogs

Jan 30, 2010 – Jul 19, 2012
15 countries and 15 US states and still counting. About 1year traveltime Countries: UAE , Oman , Philippines , Thailand , Ma…
Overview 24,761 words 1,384 92 438
This blog was featured on Sunday April 4th, 2010
Ireland 2009
Jun 29, 2009 – Jul 02, 2009
I decided to take a trip to Ireland to experience the Irish hospitality and the Guinness
Overview 1,954 words 123 4 2
Aug 27, 2007 – Jun 20, 2009
This blogs contains reviews and stories about Bergen. Like Hiking in the mountains, public events and other things that might b…
Overview 6,636 words 185 180 398
This blog was featured on Saturday January 26th, 2008

CFD's Travel Reviews

Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Recife, Brazil
The Hotel itself is nothing special. It seems to be a little run-down and the aircon in every ro…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in San Simeon, California, USA
San Simeon Lodge is located around 90miles south of Bixby Bridge in Big Sur. Its a motel located…
Free! "Hotels & Accommodations" in Los Angeles, California, USA
Stay Hotel and Hostel is in reality two floors of the Cecil Hotel and at night they share the sa…