C Curry Studio & Gallery

(520) 398-3304

C Curry Studio & Gallery Tubac Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Spanish influence and the art lover's feast Apr 03, 2010
I love art and enjoy the inspiration I draw from the various art from around the world. When I travel I like visiting museums, galleries and photography shops. I visited the Curry Studio and Gallery while I was in Tubac. It is a small artist town in southern Arizona. With over two centuries of Spanish history, the Spanish influence is evident in their building, art and lifestyle. I was particularly interested in the Curry Studio because they carry a fusion of great Native Indian and Spanish art, paintings, jewelry and some rare pieces from Ethiopia.

They feature the great jewelry of Carol Curry thus the name of the gallery. Of course I could not afford to buy the exquisite jewels, but I feasted my eyes to them. The Native American art was incredible, if I had the money I would have bought one. The fusion of timeless portraits with the American flag colors isn't something you would expect to find combined to make one piece of art. It stands to confirm a quote I read once by Henry Beecher, it read “every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his nature into his pictures”.

Good art is generally expensive, the art in this gallery is great and quite reasonably priced. The rare pure silver Ethiopian cross that caught my eye only cost $400, the same piece cost $6,000 at an art gallery in New York. I thought I might list some other art galleries of interest in Tubac in case you decide to visit them while you are down there.

1.Big Horn Galleries

2.Graham Bell Gallery

3.Red Door Gallery

4.Galleria Tubac

5.Karin Newby Gallery

6.Purcell Galleries of Fine Art

7.Rogoway's Tarquoise Tortoise Gallery

In this art gallery, I saw motion captured and set in one place, I could feel it in the roaming eyes of the native Indian elders painted and framed. Art is truly a great expression and a window into the past and a door to the future.
Native Indian elder with the spiri…
Inside the gallery/ studio