Byron Tasting Room and Winery

Los Olivos, California

Byron Tasting Room and Winery Los Olivos Reviews

williamsworld williams…
No Wining May 26, 2010
Now this was a nice little tasting room that was recently opened in this small town called Los Olivos. We almost walked past it because it is tucked away on a side street. Well, isn’t everything in this little town without a stop light, tucked away.

From the moment we walked in, we were treated like we were someone special. The manager gave generous pours and even opened bottles that were not even on the sample list. They have a wide variety of wines to taste and they are all rich to the pallet.

I am not really sure if they charge a fee to taste because we had everything complimentary because of a friend. A few other people came in and tasted, but they were in and out trying to do as many tastings throughout the town as time would permit. My suggestion, if you are enjoying the wine and fellowship, stay and enjoy the wine and the fellowship. All the wines are at very reasonable prices and taste so good. I would have to say the 2005 Chardonnay and the 2006 Pinot have to stand out at the top. They have a variety of other wines all under $20 a bottle. This wine and all that is associated with it has a rich history of wine makes that all started at the University of California, Davis, where I attended undergraduate school.

The small tasting room is not located at the winery, but you can easily find the winery and make your way around the facility and get a little bit of the history of wine maker Ken Brown and his award winning wines. They offer tours and tastings by appointment only. You call 805.934 extension 11 to make advanced reservations. Tasting: 10-4 daily Nov- Mar; then 10-5 daily
Jean Noel and me in front of Byron