By Land and Sea Stand Up Paddle

Boston, Massachusetts

By Land and Sea Stand Up Paddle Boston Reviews

jenniescharm jenniesc…
Fabulous workout on the water Jul 28, 2013
I've been trying more outdoor activities lately and have jumped at the chance to try stand up paddle-boarding. I am so glad that I did! The day was beautiful - sunny and warm, and the water on the Charles River was very calm. Couldn't have picked a better day for my lesson.

Jill & Ingrid are California transplants who have been on the water for years. They are everything you want in an instructor - patient, fun, friendly and helpful. They truly enjoy what they do. Although I'm a fairly fit person I had never done anything like this before. Thanks to their great directions, I had no problem getting up on the board and staying there for the entire 90-minute lesson - complete with stunning view of the Boston skyline.

Lessons can run from $120 for a private lesson for one person to $70 for a lesson with 6 people or more. For those of you who don't need a lesson, they also offer equipment rentals.

This is definitely something I will do again, and I recommend that anyone in the Boston area looking for a new way to enjoy the river, see the city and get in a great workout give it a try.

Check Boston Hotel Deals