Buying ferry tickets out of Havelock Island

Havelock Island, India

Buying ferry tickets out of Havelock Island Reviews

ulis ulis
Transportation from Havelock Island Feb 18, 2017
There are several boats per day from Havelock Island to Port Blair, ticket office is next to the pier and you need a copy of your Andaman permit, you can book 3 days ahead, same day and next day boats might be full allready (but the privat, fast and expensive catamaran with a different booking office might still have seats available).

There is every day 1 sometimes 2 boats to Neil Island, 3 or more boats per week to Rangat via Long Island and sometimes a boat (the boat i had from Port Blair did not stop anywhere but on the way back it stoped in Havelock Island) to Diglipur (Aerial Bay
alexchan alexchan
Avoid ticketing headaches for your return to Port Blair Jan 28, 2011
Get into one queue and get a friend into the second queue. The queues may not move at the same rate, especially if people ahead of you buy multiple tickets.

I had a bad experience with some visitors ahead of me combing the queue (behind me) for their fellow countrymen and buying tickets for them too. While I was fourth in the queue, it took me 1h30 minutes to get my ticket.

Each ticket requires a name and checking of one's permit so it's not as simple as just collecting payment.
yarayarinha7 says:
I remember very well those queues where everyone squeezed around and tried to pass in front of us the whole time.

Buying tickets in India can be really draining, and in this paradise island is no different.
Posted on: Jan 24, 2013