Buttery Café

www.burghhouse.org.uk/visit/… - +44 (0) 207 431 0144

Buttery Café Hampstead Reviews

DAO DAO
Completely Disorganised Mar 18, 2017
How this place can be beautiful, peaceful offer wonderful food and great cold beers – and mess it all up – is beyond me. The Chef is fantastic, but the wait staff and ‘management’ really need training in basic organisation. I came here with other VT’ers on a walking tour of Hampstead organised by Britannia2 (Colin). As we were walking along Toonsarah rightfully noted that it was time for the mid-morning VT beer and snack. We duly found ourselves at the entrance to the Burgh House Art Gallery and tranquil gardens. We found some tables and looked at the small, but tasty-sounding menu. I ordered a nice dark beer (Hoxton Stout) and it arrived in a very cold and delicious state. Yum.

I ordered a dish with eggs, sausage and chorizo. It was absolutely outstanding. Then I started to notice as I ate that no one else at my table had their food yet, yet we had all ordered at the same time. There was no rhyme or reason to the food arriving for a large group of VT’ers. The last dish arrived for one member after everyone had already eaten. A croissant with ham and cheese shouldn’t take around 30 minutes.

This is definitely a place to not eat at given the chaos. I can recommend having a nice beer here, but go inside to the bar and get them yourself. It’s a shame as this is a quiet and tranquil garden in the heart of Hampstead.

Compare London Hotel Rates (8.8km away)

Hampstead Map