Butchart Gardens

Victoria, Canada

Butchart Gardens Victoria Reviews

traveller142009 travelle…
The Most Beautiful Gardens in Victoria, BC Nov 25, 2015
This was my second visit to Victoria and to Butchart Gardens and it's just as impressive as the first.. We purchased our adult tickets along with the Coho Ferry tickets which were quite a savings at $26.40 per ticket compared to the regular summer price of $32.10 if purchased separately. My favorite spot in the gardens was the "sunken garden" though the flowers and color schemes in all areas of the gardens are a beauty to behold.

During the summer, your general admission includes access to performances on the Concert Lawn and fireworks display on Saturday nights. No reentry is allowed on these or special event days. The gardens are located on Vancouver Island which is 14 miles north of Victoria and 12.5 miles south of Swartz Bay ferry terminal. Parking is free.

This place is a photographer's paradise and a must see if you are ever in Victoria.
CandyKelii CandyKel…
Beautiful Adventure May 03, 2009
A very beautiful place. For a relaxing day if you're up for the adventure put on your comfortable shoes and get ready to sniff some fresh air. Fun to enjoy as a family adventure, a romantic day with your loved one, or some alone time.

A bit pricy in the cost since I am used to the Los Angeles Arboretum and their cheap prices throughout the years.

Be sure to have a half a day set aside to explore. Do not do it like we did with an hour and a half to run around. We we were able to fit everything in but we had to walk at a good pace.

Bring spare cash because they have a wonderful gift shop and a yummy little cafe.
TonyaCurrier TonyaCur…
Jul 10, 2007
If you are into strolling along and taking time to smell the roses this is definately a great place to check out. If you come into Sidney on the ferry you're very close to the Butchart Gardens as well as the Victoria Butterfly Gardens. If you're going to take the time for Butchart Gardens I suggest checking out the butterfly Gardens as well. The flowers and trees here are beautiful. Expect on a nice day that it will be very hard to get a good picture without a stranger in your pic as the place is very busy. The gift shop is nice as well as the cafe but both are pricy!
peppertm peppertm
Mar 17, 2007
Because we were here in March, nothing was in full bloom yet. However, we were lucky enough to see some flowers, and the beginning of spring blooms, as Victoria seems to be a few weeks ahead of the rest of the province in that department. It was miserable and raining the day we went, but the gardens provided visitors with umbrellas, and, because the weather was so poor, we didn't have to share the gardens with many other people. No matter when you come here, though, it's worth it, as it is full of beauty, and you are sure to get some great photos. Years ago, I came here with my family in mid-summer at the height of all the blooming flowers, and I enjoyed it this time as much as I did then. It's beautiful.

Cost: Around $26 (for what you are seeing, I think it's a good price)

Related Travel Blogs About Butchart Gardens

Butchart Gardens & The Rest Of Victoria BC
My boss had been ranting and raving about this Butchart Gardens place which I had never heard of. He was doing interviews saying how he was going to pack in his career and move to Victoria to care fo…Butchart Gardens place which I had never heard of. He was doing interviews saying how he was going to pack in his career and move to Victoria
Day Four - Butchart Gardens and the Victoria Butterfly Gardens
Decided against high tea at the empress, instead we went to Butchart Gardens and then on to the Butterfly Gardens.  Butchart Gardens was absolutely beautiful.  Apparently I rushed through i… Decided against high tea at the empress, instead we went to Butchart Gardens and then on to the Butterfly Gardens
BC Ferries - Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay
Immediately after arriving in Vancouver and getting a rental car, I headed toward Tsawwassen to pick up a ferry to Swartz Bay on Vancouver Island.  The ferry is run by BC Fer…Victoria.  The famous Butchart Gardens is located about midway between Swartz Bay and Victoria. See the next blog entry…

Check Victoria Hotel Deals