Buster's Restaurant

1800 S Milton Rd # 111, Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Buster's Restaurant Flagstaff Reviews

acowboy acowboy
Great Local Spot With Good Food!! Jan 07, 2009
Wow, what a gem to find in Flagstaff!

We were only in town for one night but chose Buster's because we wanted steak and it had high reviews.

Right away I liked the family atmosphere but not cheesy at all. The hostess wasn't particularly warm but she was friendly enough. We sat at our table for awhile but our waiter finally hurried over and was so genuine and friendly right away. He confessed what a busy night it had been and I felt like we'd be friends from, if not awhile ago, at least like a week ago.

I was surprised to see oysters on the half shell on the menu so we got them as well as the pork chops and the prime rib / grilled shrimp. For soup, we went with the French Onion and the Cream of Asparagus.

They brought us bread but not only bread but zucchini nut muffins as well! They were warm and delightful.

The oysters were HUGE (farm raised) and super delicious! They tasted fresh and 6 came in the order. Fantastic! The French Onion was hot and hearty. The Cream of Asparagus had good flavor with big slices of asparagus but it was a little bit on the liquid-y side.

The prime rib was solid but the shrimp was a bit of a disappointment, I have to say. Just on the fishy side and not particularly fresh tasting. But everything else was amazing that I'm willing to look over it.

The real star of the show was the pork chops! Wow! I hardly ever order pork chops because I've afraid they're going to be dry (which they usually are) but these were juicy, juicy, juicy. Plus the chunky apple sauce was amazing, I continued to eat it after I was done with the pork chops. The mash was delicious as well, just as good as the ones I make at home :) They use red potatoes and are just chunky enough to know that they weren't from a box. Even the veggies were good; not limp and with a hint of butter.

I didn't find the prices to be offensive

Ask for Stephen! That guy was a hoot and invited us back anytime we're back in the area.

Check Flagstaff Hotel Deals