Buses in Thanet.

https://bustimes.org.uk/dist… - +00 44 (0) 871 200 22 33

Buses in Thanet. Broadstairs Reviews

planxty planxty
You'd be loopy not to. Sep 25, 2017
Thanet is somewhat of an "outpost of Empire" albeit an affluent one for the most part and it never ceases to amaze me how good the public transport system is in the area despite the number of very expensive vehicles on display on a daily basis. From my point of view the best of all the options is the Loop which is a little Hoppa bus that runs between Margate (Cecil Square) to Ramsgate (seafront) via the Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary Hospital, the appalling Westwood Cross shopping centre and Broadstairs.

Whilst the Loop runs less regularly after 1900 in the evening and at weekends it runs a very creditable seven minute or so interval service on weekdays and usually run fairly much to time which is a rarity for any public transport system in my country. The little buses are clean and comfortable, equipped for mobility impired passengers and are generally not overcrowded except when the schools get out in the aternoon when they can be a nightmare. I suppose it is the same in the morning but I am never up that early!

I have complained frequently here and elsewhere about the obscene fares charged in the UK by the foreign companies who own most of our public transport infrastructure and treat the passengers as nothing more than cash cows for their shareholders and executives but I must say that I find Stagecoach very good in their pricing here and I have certainly not been averse to criticising them in the past. At time of writing (September 2017) a Day Rover ticket costs £4 a day and gives unlimited travel on any bus route in Thanet, not just the Loop route. Even better value is the weekly ticket which runs at £14 so you can literally run all over Thanet for £2 a day. A single bus fare, even for just a few stops, in London costs me about that.

Parking all over Thanet is hard to find and inevitably expensive so it is really worth thinking aobut leaving the car at home unless you really want to get off the beaten path. To use a rather poor pun I used when writing about this on another website, you'd be loopy not to.
Loop shuttle bus.
planxty says:
How very true, Victor.
Posted on: Sep 29, 2017
vicIII says:
No wonder...Our "chosed few" also want us to keep them and their friends in the style they are accustomed to...Dolce vita (sweet life)...
Posted on: Sep 28, 2017
planxty says:
Victor, you cannot believe how bad it is. Local councils are all taking backhanders from the private parking companies they employ to enforce what I actually believe to be illegal parking laws. They are a disgrace and are being rightly castigated left, right and centre. It is just another exercise in making the taxpayer a cash cow to keep councillors and their friends in the style they are accustomed to. Utterly appalling.
Posted on: Sep 28, 2017