Buses in Funchal

Funchal, Portugal

Buses in Funchal Reviews

davidx davidx
Simplifying an apparently chaotic situation Apr 09, 2007
There's not a great deal of point in trying to prepare for the buses before you go - we found the changes from one day to another were bad enough. To have any chance at all of pioneering your way through four major companies running buses out from Funchal, going opposite directions along the sea front to eventually take the same road out, it is essential to get a bus guide from the Tourist Information Office. That's the very cheap bit! That should, if you study it persistently, tell you what company you want and where you can catch the bus.

You think that's enough - you have to be joking! Some changes in timetable may well have taken place since the guide was published. The most reliable thing is to use the guide to find the principal stop in the centre and then go to that stop. There you should find a true current time-table.

You wil be glad to know that it's worth the trouble.

Related Travel Blogs About Buses in Funchal

Looking at Funchal
It was time to get a better idea of Funchal. We went into the centre again and this time we sat in the park for a while, enjoying the plants. Then we wandered along the sea front and it became obviou…Funchal. Some go off in tourist buses to Monte but they come back and many stay all the time…
Finally in Funchal - Day 11
Now I’m really happy – Funchal was stupendous and I would never have gotten to visit it if I hadn’t been on a cruise.  Or more specifically, on this cruise – but I’m getting ahead of m…buses to go into the center of town.  Navigating Funchal is a little unusual since a mudslide roared…

Check Funchal Hotel Deals