5361 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, USA
(323) 828-7598

Busby's Los Angeles Reviews

dlazzaro dlazzaro
Oct 16, 2007
I have been the Busby's in both Santa Monica and Los Angeles. Both are good spots to spend a night out with a bunch of friends.

The Santa Monica bar is more of a sports bar, and the Los Angeles bar is more of a night club, complete with a large dance floor.

Truth be told, I do not know what the normal clients of Busby's are like, because I have gone there with my law school class several times. I think it is fair to say that the Los Angeles location is not always full, and the dance floor can be slow some times.

Overall, I have enjoyed hanging out at both of these locations. I would suggest going to the Los Angeles location if you want a "nightclub" experience.

Another nice feature of the Los Angeles location is that there are small corners and outside patios where you can have a conversation fairly easily. This is nice because a lot of night clubs are just too loud to talk in!
sgarcia1014 says:
I always thought there was only one Busby's in Los Angeles, which would be the Santa Monica one. I never new there was one on Wilshire and La Brea. Thanks! :)
Posted on: Jul 22, 2009
Eric Eric
Mar 19, 2007
Busby's has another location in Santa Monica, but I believe that this is the newer of the two. I've been to both, and I like this one better. The interior is a bit nicer, and there is a large dance floor in a separate room next to the bar. Unlike a lot of bars, the inside wasn't ridiculously crowded to the point where you couldn't move around, and if there was a fire I think most of us would have gotten out alive. Went here on St. Patrick's Day and it was great - not sure how it stacks up on other nights.

Only drawback about this place is nearly impossible to get a drink at the bar. They have four bartenders, but it still takes forever, and I can't recall ever waiting so long to get a drink. However, if you tip well on your first round, your service will be exponentially faster on subsequent rounds. Definitely worth the bite if you don't want to be sitting around by the bar all night...
Eric says:
Ya, I like the one in Santa Monica too, a bit of a chiller vibe. We had a TravBuddy/couchsurfing get-together at the Santa Monica one a few months ago, was pretty fun!
Posted on: Sep 04, 2007