Busaba Eathai

Wardour Street, London, United Kingdom

Busaba Eathai London Reviews

isabelebert92 isabeleb…
Delicious and good price. Nice atmosphere Aug 15, 2012
One of the best Thai food in London. And furthermore for an affordable price. Always crowded there, but that's something I really like. My favourtie Busaba Eathai is definitely the one at Wardour Street. Eventhough it's really hard to get a table there at the weekend. My advice is to either come before 7.30pm or after 10pm if you come with many people. If you come only with 2 people, you actually dont have to wait longer than 30 mins to get a table. Another advice: Try Pandan Chicken. Truly the best dish on the menue. My alltime favourite!
kiwichap kiwichap
Good reliable Thai fusion chain in London Jun 22, 2011
Busaba Eathai are a great low(ish) priced Thai chain around London.. Modern minimal decor with dark wood and low lighting.. Ive eaten at Soho and Shoreditch on a few occasions. Menu is diverse with some interesting twists on traditional and modern dishes.

The Calamari is sensational - a must. Served with fresh green peppercorns and corriandar.

Also good are the noodle dishes and currys.. Nice Asian beers on slections too.. Usually about £50 for 2 people including a couple of drinks.
gosia7g gosia7g
If you love Thai food, you have to visit Busaba Eathai! Mar 16, 2011
I absolutely love Thai food and was looking for a place with reasonable prices and atmosphere and of course stunning food! I found it all at Busaba Eathai, there are few restaurants around London. Try Calamari..heaven!
juanitopiscolita juanitop…
Good and cheap asian food in London Mar 12, 2011
This is one of my favourite cheap eats in London. Good food, good service and a great price tag. 5 min walk from Leicester Sq in Soho. No bookings allowed so just turn up. Beware that it can be very popular around traditional meal times so expect to line up to get in (not much fun if its raining). Worth the wait though.
sarahelaine sarahela…
Busaba Eathai Jul 08, 2010
Busaba Eathai is a Thai restaurant on Wardour Street. It’s OK.

I am struggling to explain why I don’t love this restaurant, and I think it is just a little too busy and fashionable looking. You go in there and you get an overwhelming feeling of Brown. Everything is brown. Diners sit at shared tables, a little like Wagamama only more designer, which would be great if you had a large group. There is no music (which is a relief sometimes!) but the sheer number of people creates a buzz. The lighting is dim, even at 6pm in summer time. The service is good, prompt and smiling, but it somehow doesn’t feel particularly friendly.

The food is OK and the portion sizes are good. I had swordfish which was slightly overcooked, but the sauce was very nicely done and swordfish is easy to get wrong. It is slightly more expensive than many places I eat, but I tend to eat in small places on the edge of the tourist zone rather than large places in the middle.

I think my over all problem with this place is that it is not a very relaxing place to eat. If you are not interested in your eating places being relaxed, that’s probably fine. The absence of music makes it quite a nice place to talk to people and there is plenty of space for getting shopping bags and so on under the table. I would certainly recommend it as a place to get food quickly from polite staff if you had a bunch of your mates with you, and in particular if you were on your way to the theatre. For me, though, I just prefer more laid back places and less overcooked swordfish. I probably won’t go back.
sarahelaine says:
well, like I say, it wasn't bad. It just wasn't great either!
Posted on: Jul 09, 2010
almond72 says:
Poor restaurant, being skewered by you ! That swordfish will be waiting if you ever step in again. :D
Posted on: Jul 09, 2010