Bus airport to city:Melbourne, Australia

Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia

Bus airport to city:Melbourne, Australia Reviews

Aussienordic Aussieno…
Unreliable service - be warned Nov 11, 2009
Jetbus offers a shuttle bus taking people to Tullamarine airport from the city centre in Melbourne and vice versa. Its primary customers are airline crew and this is their priority. Often their services run late. I was told by the staff that they do NOT give refunds, even in advance of the day of travel, despite this not being stated on their website.

You have to pre-pay your shuttle trip. It is not really a shuttle bus in the sense that one can jump on an earlier bus or later bus.

A bus might have up to eight spare seats but they will not take a paying passenger if that bus is allocated to taking the airline crew. They do not have a fleet as such so they can not put on an additional bus for the travelling public if there is airline crew to be picked up. This happens even when you have booked weeks in advance or not.

Airline crew members have priority and we were told that we could not travel with them.I am not sure why. We prepaid our seats, waited two hours at Melbourne airport and four jetbuses came along, picked up airline crew, had empty seats in every car and refused to take us along. Finally two hours later we got on a jetbus to our hotel. One driver told me if I paid him extra money in addition to the usual fee he might take me along with the airline crew!

This company claims to be ENVIRONMENTALLY GREENER but this is doubtful.

There is no formal waiting zone for Jetbus – you simply stand in the traffic island where area public buses pull up in outside the international terminal.

There are alternatives more reliable such as the skybus or taxis (more expensive). The skybus run every 10 minutes!! YOu might have to stand if the skybus is full, but I found this preferable to the poor service jetbus offers.

Very disappointed Jetbus customer