Bus Trip to Kaesong

Kaesong, North Korea

Bus Trip to Kaesong Reviews

wabat wabat
Enjoy your bus trip to Kaesong Feb 17, 2017
Approximately half our tour group spent the morning of our second day in North Korea running some part of the Pyongyang Marathon. The rest of us watched the start and finish of the run and two soccer matches in the Kim Il-sung Stadium.

It was a relief, especially to those who ran, to hear that, rather than a packed afternoon’s sightseeing in Pyongyang, we would be going down to Kaesong where we would spend the night and have a look at a few sights there prior to our trip to Panmunjom and the Demilitarized Zone, on the border with South Korea. the following day.

Kaesong is about 10 kms from the border and the trip from Pyongyang, by bus, took us approximately three hours.

I have given a full account of my trip down the Reunification Highway on my Panmunjom page. Also on that page I have provided details on an al fresco ‘comfort stop’ we had en route.

Rather than repeat identical information here I invite you to read the following two reviews on my Panmunjom page. Do return here having done so!

The Reunification Highway

Dining al fresco en route to the DMZ

My second picture, attached, is of the Reunification Monument, our first stop on the outskirts of Pyongyang. Further details on this amazing piece of work can be found on my Pyongyang blog/list.

For those who may not have seen the Team America skit alluded to in the title of my first picture attached, have a look here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEaKX9YYHiQ
All alone on the road to Kaesong…
Leaving Pyongyang - Reunification…
Tea on the Highway to Kaesong
HORSCHECK says:
Albert, I still find your North Korea reviews a very interesting read.
Posted on: Mar 12, 2017
ulis says:
Unfortunately I am not fond of tours...
Posted on: Feb 20, 2017
wabat says:
Its actually not that complicated. Just sign up with tour group and they organise everything.... it may seem expensive but it is all inclusive and they pack a lot in .. days are long and there is no such thing as free time --- no point having free time in place where you can't walk down the street alone!
Posted on: Feb 19, 2017