Bus Ride to Mountains by Geiranger, Norway

Geiranger, Norway

Bus Ride to Mountains by Geiranger, Norway Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Very bad bus excursion, Geiranger, Norway Dec 05, 2016
We were halfway through a two week cruise of Norway as we cruised in the rain through the wonderful Geirangerfjord to Geiranger. It rained very hard for almost every day and we were looking forward to some sun.

A rare thing for this cruise at Geiranger as the clouds parted and the sun came out. We were so pleased we booked an expensive bus tour through Cruisingexcursions.com for the beautiful surrounding mountains of what I call Geiranger Canyon. Getting on the bus I asked the driver and he promised to me that he would stop at all the beautiful places and let us out for photos. He also promised us several stops for us to use the restroom; as this was a three hour excursion.

My heart started pounding with excitement as we started up the switchbacks on those great beautiful mountains as nice as the best of the Rocky Mountains in the USA and the Switzerland Alps. With full sunlight we had perfect photography conditions.

After the switchbacks with the wonderful views of the mountains and fjord I realized that this bus was not stopping for anything as the beautiful landscape came wizzing by my dirty window. At a very brief pause at an intersection I got one quick photo through the glass of a beautiful alpine lake...and that was it.

However, the poopy bus driver stopped for 15 minutes for two unpaid relatives or friends. He locked the bus door so us paid customers could not leave the stupid bus.

On the way back we got a ten minute stop at a gift shop and overlook as we all got out for the rest room. There were many buses there and a very long waiting line for the one pair of restrooms; so most or all of us returned to the bus with no restroom access.

After more than three hours of constant driving we made it back to Geiranger. As the others quickly exited and rushed to the rest rooms, I stopped to tell the driver rudely exactly what I thought of him and he didn't care. This could have been the very best of our Norway cruise if the driver would have kept his promises to me.

Later at home I sent a formal email complaint to Cruisingexcursions.com about the poor treatment on the excursion. Cruisingexcursions.com returned email telling me that they would do something punitive to the driver; but I think it was more Cruisingexcursions.com BS.
Beautiful alpine lake