Burma tipsl Reviews
Bagan tips Mar 06, 2011
1. Burmese are the nicest people I have ever met in my life. You could drop $1000 and they'd chase you for a mile to give it back to you.
2. Don't take pics of the police or military.
3. IF YOU BUY AN ANTIQUE YOU MUST HAVE A RECEIPT FOR IT OR THEY WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO TAKE IT OUT OF THE COUNTRY!!!!
4. Make sure you're American money is BRAND NEW AND DOES NOT HAVE ANY CREASES AT ALL!!! They won't accept it if it's not brand new.
5. During the rainy season don't bother trying to wear tennis shoes!! TRUST ME!! It sounds gross but buy a pair of cheap flip flips there $3 and wear those instead. Your shoes will be be disgusting. You can just wash your feel when you get back to your room. Don't freak out because Yangon is really really dirty so you'll be walking in some pretty dirty areas but just deal. Seeing Burma is worth it, TRUST ME!!!!
6. Don't miss out on Bagan and Shwedagon Pagoda!!!!
7. Have you hotel or hostel book your domestic flights if possible, they need the money.
8. Fly Bagan air. Myanmar air and Mandalay are gov. owned so they money doesn't go to the people. SUPPORT THE LOCAL BUSINESSES AND PEOPLE.
3 / 3 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!