Burj Khalifa

1 Emaar Boulevard, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Burj Khalifa Dubai Reviews

amazed amazed
Catch a view when you're standing AT THE TOP of the world... Mar 29, 2013
Having grown up (sideways rather) in Dubai I watched the construction of this building when it started becoming noticeable. Then I left Dubai for another job elsewhere but visit once a year or so - really wanted to be at the top of the Burj.

Burj means Tower, and Khalifa is the president of the UAE, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed. This building can be seen from far away, and you can reach here by taxi or the Metro, getting off at Dubai Mall.

At the time of writing this review (April-2013) there was a AED 400 (USD 109) walk-in fee to go up the Burj for a view. Booking online was cheaper - for AED 125 (USD 34). Go to www.burjkhalifa.ae and click on 'at the top'. A slight fee will be charged but it's all worth it and cheaper than paying the $109 as a walk-in visitor. I bought 2 tickets online and got the acknowledgement by email.

Once in Dubai at the entrance at the base of the Burj, I showed them the purchase acknowledgement email on my phone and got the tickets printed and got in queue for the lift. Quite a winding queue, but time passed quickly while mingling with other tourists. The path to the lifts has models, pictures and LCD panels that show what went into the construction, what unique extremes the Burj features, and how it compares to other tall structures in the world.

Just before the lifts was a spot where one could look at the exact level where we were headed. The Burj has a broad base and gets narrower higher up. The observation floor where we were headed was perhaps 2/3 of the way up? Not sure but it was not too broad, not too narrow - just enough to accommodate a few moving queues of tourists and a deck to look around.

The lift was dark, and took about 15 or so people, and shot upwards. Doors opened, and out came the cameras and we just clicked away. Pictures like this do get monotonous so I tried to upload only those that don't look like repeats. I am not in a desperate hurry to get the Photographer I (onwards) award :p

The deck has an indoor (air conditioned) and outdoor (humid, breezy) portion - we just went around taking pictures, saying 'ooh, look' every now and then. 30 minutes were sufficient, and we got back in the queue to the lift. The souvenir shop had T-shirts, mugs, keyrings, and other typical touristy stuff. I indulged a bit, then took the lift down and back into Dubai Mall.

For myself that one time was sufficient. If I am taking someone for their first time I'd definitely indulge again. Interesting experience.
At the base, just before the lifts…
Getting closer to the lift... but …
LCD panel showing the accomplishme…
LCD panel showing stills of the ef…
arianna88 says:
It is a cool Burj Khalifa..
Posted on: Apr 08, 2013
SanjeevGeorge SanjeevG…
Wonder of the world! Apr 28, 2013
Now this is a must visit in Dubai-the tallest building in the world.

What to expect:

-The BK is attached to the Dubai mall. SO you need to go to the mall and buy your tickets

-Wait in the Que, don't carry any prohibited items in your baggage if any. (I donno if food is allowed, but if it is, the carry some tit bits to munch on as there are no stalls on top).

-You will need to walk up a few stairs, till you reach the wonder lift

-The lift goes super fast and reaches floor 124 in seconds

-You step onto the observation deck of Burj Khalifa, from where you can get a spectacular view of Dubai. You can stay here as long as you want.

-Take the same lift back to the ground floor, where you can check out Dubai mall

That's it. It is definitely worth a watch in Dubai.
sylviandavid says:
Sounds really fun! Are the tickets expensive?
Posted on: Apr 28, 2013
misssixty123 misssixt…
Views are amazing Apr 17, 2013
I'm glad I booked in advance because when I showed up to claim my tickets all the slots for the day were sold out and would be a great disappointment for anyone who didn't have a reservation and just showed up. When your at the top you definitely feel like your at the top of the world. It's a once in a lifetime expereience and worth the money to go up. Try to go at evening time. Thid way you can see both the day time and night time views wich are both amazing. I loved looking out when it was dark at all the lights.Amazing.
fooqi says:
Thx for the information but can you guide how we can book in advance (its any online )
Please advise
Posted on: Jan 24, 2015
sylviandavid says:
Thanks for the information. I think you are right about the time... best to see day and night on the same trip...
Posted on: Apr 28, 2013
jaanu jaanu
Amazing View Jul 17, 2012
I must say was a little disappointed you couldn't go all the way to the top floor.Great view though.Collected a few Souvenirs. The telescope you pay for to use was just pointless(don't waste your money on it).The Tour was great overall,would go back again in the future. Everything in Dubai is a kind of visual spectacle intended to make you gawk and the Burj Khalifa is no Exception.This was the best part of my visit to Dubai.Also enjoyed the elevator ride
Chokk Chokk
The tallest building in the world Feb 06, 2011
One of the few things that I really wanted to do in Dubai was to visit the magnificent Burj Khalifa. The Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world with a stunning height of 828 metres and more than 160 stories.

The building is a new landmark of Dubai moving the old Hotel Burj Al Arab to a close second place. Its structure and enormous height make it an obvious outstanding sight in the Dubai Skyline as you can see it from everywhere both day and night.

Burj Khalifa is the tallest free-standing structure in the world and has naturally the highest number of stories in the world. Already the first day of my stay I decided to go and visit the building and I was amazed. I started by admiring the building from outside before I went to the visiting centre, which is situated inside The Dubai Mall.

I had hoped to be able to visit the outdoor observation deck during the daytime but it was sold out for the whole period of my stay. I therefore without hesitation bought one of their immediate tickets, which I found quite expensive; around 80 euro but this might be once in a lifetime for me so I didn't care that much. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

There was no queue, so I walked all the way to the fabulous elevator quite quickly following the long row of stairs and decorative halls. The elevator was really fast; it took only 1 minute to get up to the tallest outdoor observation deck in the world at 452 meters or 124 stories up in the building.

The view in the evening was stunning and looking down at the impressive Dubai skyline was magnificent. The whole city was up lighted and some of the buildings were shinning like stars. It was awesome that you were able to take pictures in the free without taking them through the glass.

I must say that it was really impressive to think that this place was only a bit more than halfway of this building. One the way down I was alone in the elevator and I talked a bit to the elevator hostess. They only worked 1 hour in the elevator before they shifted to another position in the chain of service functions for the visitors. In this hour they would travel between 15 – 25 kilometres up and down; which also was stunning to think about.

Not only is Burj Khalifa the world’s tallest building, it has also broken two other impressive records: tallest structure, previously held by the KVLY-TV mast in Blanchard, North Dakota, and tallest free-standing structure, previously held by Toronto’s CN Tower.

The Building has today some visiting features like the At the Top, Burj Khalifa Observation deck on level 124, At.mosphere, Burj Khalifa which is a fine dining restaurant on level 122. Besides this there is The Residence which hosts 900 Burj Khalifa residences. There is The Corporate Suites which occupies 37 office floors, The Armani Hotel Dubai which hosts 160 guest rooms and suites and finally Armani Residences Dubai with 144 private residences.
Burj Khalifa in the evening sun
The magnificent Burj Khalifa
A glass model in the visiting cent…
Inside the visiting centre
Posted on: Mar 15, 2012
singrose singrose
Burj Khalifa at night Jun 18, 2011
A Must See when in Dubai

as you enter, you can view the model and read info on why it is the tallest building in the world. you are then escourted to the lifts where tour guides arrange you into lines, its quite cute hehe but organised efficiently. its quite exciting standing in the queue waiting, cos you dont know what to expect.

enjoy the ride up 200 floors in just over 20 seconds, it is incredibly fast. video record the floor numbers in the lift and count aloud!

once you get to the top, you will not be disappointed. i went at night so i could see the waterfall show below which looked spectacular.

add this to your list....you wont be disappointed!

the waterfall show is also a must see, not to be missed!!!
torontarian torontar…
Great place to visit during winter May 01, 2011
If you ever thought of visiting Dubai mall and Burj khalifa, you should make this during winter, Dubai is too hot and humid, and it's a crowded city. So make sure to visit during winter.

Once you are in Dubai make sure to go to Dubai marine, and try the Hubble bubble thing, also visit the gulf club. If you are planning on a desert night, find the safari trips, where you can have real desert site seeing.
nabkamar nabkamar
Amzing Combination Jan 21, 2011
I am not really sure how to describe it.

In Burj Khalifa downtown, there is the highest tower at the moment, the biggest mall, the best fountain show in the world many 4&5 stars hotel, bars and restaurants.

You can enjoy Burj khalifa by going to the 136th floor and have a nice view of Dubai.

Dubai Mall has a very nice aquarium and lot of shop (in avg 1200 shops).

Souk Al Bahar which is across the fountain in front of Dubai Mall offer many nice restaurants over viewing the fountain.

The fountain is really amazing. Do not miss it at any cost. I've seen it for hundreds of times now and it always give me goose pumps.

After such a long day, there is nothing better then having a drink in the Address Hotel or even Souk al Bahar itself.
Amsy Amsy
Spectacular View @ Burj Khalifa Mar 06, 2011
Definitely worth every penny for me. The view from top was just so amazing. You could practically see all of Dubai from there and then some. It looked unreal looking down. Didn't feel like we were that high up. Depends I guess how afraid of heights you are.
brankicca brankicca
Visiting Burj Khalifa, The Tallest Building in the World Jan 12, 2011
I decited to begin my Dubai sightseeing visiting the tower of Burj Khalifa.

I've got the hint that it is best way to buy tickets online, so I did it and there was no need to stand in line and have been even cheaper.
bigstoney82 bigstone…
A sight to be seen Nov 09, 2010
The Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world, it is a very impressive thing to see in person. It's not just the building to see, there is a man made body of water in the same area, which a few times a day has a water/fountain show, set to beautiful music.

They do provide entrance to the top of the building, but i forgot to book my tickets in advance online, so i didn't get to do it, if memory serves it cost about AED-120 to go in.

The Dubai Mall is also located in the same ( that's where you enter the Burj Khalifa ) which is another must see while in Dubai.

Check Dubai Hotel Deals