Beach Rd, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
04 301 7777

Burj Al Arab Dubai Reviews

m_nazar m_nazar
One of the top in list Mar 29, 2015
Burj al Arab is undoubtedly one of the top in the list of attractions or places to visit for trip to Dubai. If you don't have an advance booking for the hotel or advance reservation for the restaurant they won't let you in but will let you take pictures. At a walking distance from Mall of Emirates so when you are on a metro you can drop at Mall of Emirates and walk to the landmark.

Since I only took a picture from outside and never went in so I don't have the right estimate about the price of hotel or restaurant. Hence I clicked "free" in cost section here.
No comments please... Aug 27, 2014
My 100th review in TB should be shiny, and for this reason i choosed to write about my visit in the one and only Burj Al Arab hotel(!).

Of course isn't for my wallet to stay there, but when i decided to travel at Dubai, i had check high on my list to visit it.

I was there 10 years ago, and i remember that i booked the tour from my hotel for 80 euros. Ok is expensive, but not every day you walk in there ...

Shorts are prohibited inside, so, although high temperature (47 degrees celcius at the end of May), i put and a trouser in my suitcase exclusively for this circumstance.

In the tour price included and breakfast. On our arrival, stuff welcome us and led us to breakfast area. From the first sight everyone guest understood that this area, isn't for the tenants, but served the people from the daily tours. Breakfast was poor, and i shared my table with three guys from Indonesia.

Whole 6 stars hotel is an overproduction!!!

Unfortunately i haven't many photos to upload to illustrate this amazing hotel. My best moment there, was the roof restaurant with the fantastic view to the bay...!!! I have really nice shots from the top!

I don't know how much cost a visit nowdays, but i believe that really worth it!
This photo is taken by me, from Wi…
yourkaki yourkaki
Worlds only SevenStar Hotel Mar 13, 2014
Stayed at the Burj Al Arab for 2 nights and had an experience i will never forget. I can safely say that it is one of the most expensive hotels in world and i wouldn't hesitate in saying that it without any doubt is one of the most luxurious hotel in the world.

Burj Al Arab is for Dubai what Eiffel tower is for Paris. Its the only hotel i have seen which attracts more visitors on guided tours than stay-in guest.

The Burj Al Arab has everything one could ask for. Super luxury, super friendly, super convenient and of course Super COSTLY (but its worth it).

Stayed December 2012
Chokk Chokk
A landmark of Dubai Feb 06, 2011
The Burj Al Arab is probably right now the most well known landmark of Dubai but now being heavily pressed as a landmark by the new Burj Khalifa. I never managed to get in to the hotel; mainly because of lack of time but I manage to see the hotel from the beach side and from the front entrance.

The Burj Al Arab, which means Tower of the Arabs is a luxury hotel located in Dubai. Being constructed with a height of 321 m it is the fourth tallest hotel in the world. The Burj Al Arab stands on an artificial island 280 m out from Jumeirah beach, and is connected to the mainland by a private curving bridge. It is an iconic structure whose shape mimics the sail of a ship which make all of remember it.

Construction of Burj Al Arab began in 1994. It was built to resemble the sail of a dhow, a type of Arabian vessel. Two "wings" spread in a V to form a vast "mast", while the space between them is enclosed in a massive atrium.

The architect Tom Wright said "The client wanted a building that would become an iconic or symbolic statement for Dubai; this is very similar to Sydney with its Opera House, or Paris with the Eiffel Tower. It needed to be a building that would become synonymous with the name of the country."

The hotel is managed by the Jumeirah Group. Despite its size, the Burj Al Arab holds only 28 double-story floors which accommodate 202 bedroom suites. The smallest suite occupies an area of 169 m2, the largest covers 780 m2.
Africancrab says:
Nice review
Posted on: May 26, 2012
Africancrab Africanc…
Fourth Tallest in the world and stands on an artificial Island!! Jun 02, 2008
If you have not seen the Burj al Arab, you have not seen Dubai, literally! The mighty Burj is an architectural achievement. Beside the fact that it is a seven star hotel, it is a landmark of Dubai. Towering the sky over Jumeirah Beach, it it the first thing you see when landing in Dubai. What makes it an attraction is the fact that it is the fourth tallest in the world and stand on an artificial island.

The hotel itself is very expensive, rightfully so given that it is a seven star and hosts the richest of the richest and movie stars and royals. If you have the money however, why not spend it for an experience of a lifetime. At night it is something to behold. An icon of Dubai, a must see for all tourists and visitors. Great photo opp.

I'm reviewing this as a landmark and an attraction rather than a hotel seeing as I have not actually stayed at the Burj myself. I believe the room rates run from $1000 plus a night.

The only reason I was able to tour the Burj when I was in Dubai was because I was with Peter who was the Emirate's contracted architect for the World Travel Market.

"Travel is an exciting and adventurous passion, it is quite expensive but the reward outweighs the expense. If you can afford it, do it!" Africancrab.

Related Travel Blogs About Burj Al Arab

Enjoying Dubai - day 4
BreakfastAfter a wonderful sleep we got up at arround 9 o' clock. Our breakfast was served on the ground floor. The buffet was even smaller than in the Jumeirah Beach Hotel but offered as well a grea…Burj al Arab to Dubai Airport We arrived at arround 9.30 p.m. at the Burj al Arab again where we waited…
Dubai - the infamous Burj al Arab
I spent my last full day in Dubai checking out its architectural landmarks. I began the morning visiting the Burj Dubai, the tallest tower in the world. It is 160 floors high, all of which is finishe…Dubai Mall. I suspect West Edmonton Mall is going to wait for it to finish and then add another wing or something to claim back the title though. That afternoon…
Arrived at 5.30 and needed a bed
I was pretty fresh when I landed and I couldn’t wait to get started. The plane had flown pretty fast and we landed more than one hour before schedule which pleased me. I had hoped to get some s…Burj Al Arab which probably right now is the most well known landmark of Dubai but now being heavily pressed…

Check Dubai Hotel Deals