BurgerMonger

BurgerMonger.com - 727-592-4206

BurgerMonger Saint Petersburg Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Good Idea but the Execution is Lacking Aug 03, 2016
Full disclaimer: With very few exceptions, I rarely enjoy fast food restaurants. I virtually never even go to one because of this.

Yesterday I made an exception. A new burger joint opened up close to my house and since I did happen to be in the mood for a burger, I thought I'd give it a try. It actually had less to do with it being a new restaurant and more to do with the available menu options.

BurgerMonger appears to be trying to raise the bar for fast food burger joints from offering gluten free options, beer and wine, and array of toppings you would normally not find in a fast food restaurant.

Case in point: I ordered the single burger with brie cheese, avocado, bacon, egg, and the garlic goodness sauce. Now, though you might find these extras at a diner or bar type restaurant...it's not the usual toppings for a fast food restaurant to be sure.

I'm all for offering options beyond lettuce, tomato, pickles, and mustard. Especially since I don't like any of those on a hamburger. In fact, on the very rare occasion that I do eat at a fast food restaurant, I'm forced to order a cheeseburger with nothing else on it. Pickles, mustard, and mayonnaise are the axis of evil to me. Satan's Trifecta. I don't hate tomatoes but I have no urge to eat them. It's totally fine to cook something with onions but to just eat them uncooked and lying on a burger totally freaks me out. It's a texture thing. Lettuce I like but not on a hamburger. And that's pretty much the standard choices available.

Now...with these options comes a price. For a single burger with four premium toppings, a small order of fries, and a chocolate milk shake, the bill was $26 with the tip.

Was it worth it? Umm...no. Not even close. The burger itself had no flavor whatsoever. It was not even remotely appetizing to look at. And then when you throw in the price tag I can easily say that I will not be returning.

The fries were ok but nothing special. The chocolate milk shake was fine but four dollars for the size I ordered seemed a bit ridiculous to me.

The employees were very nice and helpful. The woman that took my order was nice enough to remind me that the premium toppings cost extra and that the garlic goodness sauce was a tad bit spicy. Actually, spicy was an understatement. Thankfully I ordered it on the side.

It wasn't overly busy at the time of day that I went but I still thought it was fairly quick for this particular order.

As far as fast food burger joints go...it's better than McDonald's, Burger King, or Wendy's. But that's like saying syphilis is better than herpes.

If you happen to find yourself in St. Petersburg and you feel that you must go to a fast food burger joint, do yourself a favor and go to Five Guys instead. At least their burgers have flavor. But even better...skip fast food and go to El Cap or The Avenue. Their burgers are actually great.
hanleyscot says:
I usually give a restaurant at least two chances but I think I will pass on trying this one again.
Posted on: Jul 19, 2016
vances says:
Won't smile for obvious reasons...but thanks for the warning. $26 for an order at a fast food joint that isn't yummy is a crime! An abundance of red flags...
Posted on: Jul 08, 2016