Burg Eltz

Burg Eltz, Wierschem, Germany

Burg Eltz Wierschem Reviews

b33tlejuice b33tleju…
Burg Building works Jun 07, 2011
I was looking forwards to seeing Burg Eltz, so much that when I saw it covered in construction works, I couldnt help but be upset. Having seen pictures of it in all its glory, I couldnt wait. Well anyways construction works aside I still enjoyed seeing it. Id rather they spent time restoring/repairing it then bits of it fall on my head. Mind you only half the castle was covered in works so I got to enjoy the other side of it. When we arrived here it cost 1 and a half euros to park. We decided hat we would walk down to the castle grounds and then shuttle bus back up which cost 1 and a half euros again. To walk around the grounds was free, but they did offer guided tours too which we didnt do because of time contraints. They had a cfe and nice modern toilets up there which were free to use (as most places charge for the toilet). Overall it was qute a small place in terms of the ground it covered. But the leaflet we got was interesting and provided some background knowledge to the castle and it was nice to see it in the hands of the original family. Lucky!

I would love to go back in the future when all the construction works are finished!

Check Wierschem Hotel Deals