BuqueBus

Montevideo, Uruguay

BuqueBus Montevideo Reviews

sidfresh sidfresh
Buenos Aires to Montevideo Ferry Mar 13, 2011
When in Buenos Aires, it's very easy to take the approx 3 hour fast ferry to Montevideo. I recommend "buquebus" ferry. It's clean, efficient and easy. I was quite impressed that both passport controls is done together at the port of departure.

The ferry is more like a small cruise ship with tv, Playstation for kids and little duty free shop.

Buquebus also has ferries to Colonia del Sacramento. That could be done as a day trip.
seangee seangee
BuqueBus All the Way Nov 01, 2010
When in Buenos Aires or Montevideo the easiest way to get back and forth is to take the the BuqueBus. Its a combination of bus and boat that is easy and affordable. I used it to travel from Montevideo to Buenos Aires with no problems. I left from the Tres Cruces bus terminal in Montevideo, took a bus to the the port in Colonia, then took a rather large boat to Buenos Aires. Going through customs was seamless- very quick, I didnt even know I was stamped into Argentina before I left Uruguay. The boat ride was really quick and that was that all for a very affordable rate. The port in Colonia was really nice and so was the port in Argentina. It was a very good way to travel and I recommend it to anyone.
Colonia terminal
seats on the boat
snack bar on the boat
Capt_Per says:
Great tip and insight. Many thanks!
Posted on: Jan 27, 2012
HuBison says:
Helpful info-thanks!
Posted on: Jan 10, 2012
joehobo says:
good hint for easy travel, mate. CHEERS
Posted on: Nov 06, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About BuqueBus

To Montevideo via Buenos Aires
I missed breakfast as I was asleep, but when I saw it I didn’t ask for any, basically pastry, from what I could see.  Later there was a glass of Sprite.  We reached Buenos Aires some …Buquebus) I bought a return ticket direct to Montevideo.  I went the most expensive way, direct, first class.  It’s much…

Check Montevideo Hotel Deals