Buona Sera

247 Avienida Del Norte, Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Buona Sera Redondo Beach Reviews

Eric Eric
Apr 22, 2007
We were looking for a good Italian restaurant in the South Bay, and arrived at this place after some prowling of the Chowhound message boards. The evening got off to a good start with the bread. It was crusty on the outside, and warm and delicious on the inside. It was probably one of the better complimentary breads I have had at a restaurant, so my expectations were high going into the entree.

I ordered the "Pappardelle con salsa di Fagiano e Morelle" -- pasta with pheasant and morelle mushrooms in a parmesan sauce. This was supposedly one of the best dishes here, and, according to the staff, "famous". Unfortunately, it tasted pretty terrible. The pasta was not al dente, the pheasant tasted like shredded chicken from Costco, and the sauce tasted like Hamburger Helper. It was probably one of the worst pasta dishes I have ever had in my life (second only to a pasta dish I had in the Latin Quarter in Paris...). Even my glass of Chianti tasted watery.

I hate writing bad reviews, but I have to be honest with this one. What's odd is that this place was packed and bustling with people, so it's clear that some people enjoy the fare here. When we expressed our dissatisfaction with the meal, the staff was kind enough to offer us a free dessert on the house the next time we came back, but after our first experience here, I'm not sure that we'll take them up on that offer...

Check Redondo Beach Hotel Deals