Bunkhouse Campground Resort

Check Queen Charlotte Hotel Deals

Bunkhouse Campground Resort Queen Charlotte Reviews

jaeden jaeden
Serious slug habitat Jun 18, 2008
There aren't too many options for camping in Queen Charlotte City. I'm not sure how we came about this one. I just found their website now as I was making this review. I'm not sure why the word 'resort' is in the title of this place. It wasn't even such a bad place except for the rather unfriendly staff. The guy running the place yelled at us for using the kitchen to clean our dishes which was totally unnecessary.

While we were there, there was a large group of foreigners (Japanese maybe? Korean?) there for some hunting, or bonding or something. Apparently they had reserved all the beds and the kitchen. I'm not sure if the kitchen area would normally be available for other guests. There was a common room where you could go to warm up but you aren't allowed to sleep there.

Their bunks are in one giant room where the bathroom and shower were also located. It was really awkward to go to the bathroom because you'd have to walk past all the other guests. There are flushing toilets, showers and laundry available (showers and laundry were both 5/each). There is a big screen tv upstairs where you can watch rented movies on (2$ a pop).

The 'campground' was just like his backyard. Fortunately we were the only ones there so we chose a site near the shed for some cover. I'm assuming when the weather is nicer he puts the picnic tables out but while were there, we just used the one off to the side.

Camping for three people in one tent was $15