#Bunk Beyoglu

Check Istanbul Hotel Deals

#Bunk Beyoglu Istanbul Reviews

mikeym mikeym
Great location Jan 26, 2015
#Bunk has 2 different locations in Istanbul, Beyoglu and Taksim. I picked Beyoglu since it seemed like it was closer to the action. Once arriving at the airport, I took the bus service Havatas. It was very cheap at only 11TL and it took about 30 minutes or so. The bus service drops you off near Taksim square. From there just walk down Istiklal Caddesi, the large pedestrian walk which has the famous Taksim Tram running through it. Follow it to Sahne Caddesi and take a right, making your way through the fish market and some restaurants you will find #Bunk on your left.

Service was great. My flight arrived very early in the morning, approx 4am. When I made it to the hostel the manager was waiting for me. He checked me in and being that it was so early, I decided to nap on the couch instead of going into my room and disturbing my bunk mates. Not many places let you check in that early so that made me really happy.

Every thing was spotless while I was there. Cleaning service made sure I had new bedding and even offer towels to their guests. The beds and blankets were very comfortable. Electrical outlets and a reading lamp are provided for each bed. The rooms are a bit small, I had stayed in a 4-person dorm with only one roommate. Bathroom/shower on the second floor was large, not ensuite which didn't bother me. Hardly anyone was staying at this hostel, maybe due to the fact that it was the off season. They offer a light breakfast, like cereal etc.

You're centrally located on Istikal with many stores and restaurants to choose from. For reference, you can walk to Galata Tower/Bridge within 15 minutes and it's downhill. Istanbul is a very walkable city in my opinion but it will test you with it's hilly streets and winding alleyways.

Overall, I would recommend this hostel.

Check Istanbul Hotel Deals