Bumrungrad International Hospital

Sukhumvit 21 Soi 3, Bangkok, Thailand

Bumrungrad International Hospital Bangkok Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Best hospital to be in Bangkok (in case of emergency) Jan 22, 2012
Usually when we plan our trip we rarely thought of which hospital should we know of in case of an emergency.

For my trip in Bangkok a couple years back, this was an important requirement for the trip. Reason being, my then boyfriend had just underwent a surgery and requires daily dressing.

We took into consideration the following in choosing which hospital:

a) reputation of the hospital (no cheap hospitals - don't want to suffer an infection just because the utensils used are not sterilised by the nurse!) Remember this is Bangkok, really no offense to Thai people but the issue of cleanliness, safety all these tend to be not so high when one thinks of Bangkok. So far, hospitals in Bangkok have only been famous for sexual transformation surgeries.

b) the location (as traffic jams can be quite crazy in Bangkok)

c) efficiency - hospitals where the staff can speak good English.

So we found ourselves at Bumrungrad International Hospital. I did not know the hospital has been around for 20 years as the buildings looks brand new, perhaps they underwent a major renovation.

The internal decor of the hospital is very modern, very zen. Kind of look like a hotel rather than a hospital. (In fact it was better than our hotel! )

Registration was very efficiently done. They will take your photo (for the ID card- which you will get immediately upon registration) right at the convenience of your seat! U just have to sit and key in your particulars at the computer and look at the camera (kinda like those at the immigration counter at the airport). The staff are multilingual, they can even speak Arabic! I saw a lot of middle eastern people at the hospital.

There is a free mini bar at the waiting area filled with packet drinks and biscuits. I think if Singapore hospitals were to do the same, they are bound to snap up fast.

The location is also very convenient (near to train station and shopping centres are nearby) I went shopping the next day while my boyfriend went to the hospital to get his dressings.

Overall, we were both very impressed by the service, quality of the hospital. Its cheaper than the costs in Singapore hospitals. Even our Gleneagles Hospital cant compete!
FoxyFauz says:
Thank you Brian :) Thats true, I never thought about such things until that trip and when I tried to write this review there was no right category to fit in except for under "tips".
Posted on: Jan 23, 2012
spocklogic says:
Good review. We don't often think about such things, and the kind of medical treatment we will get when traveling, especially if we have a condition. Thanks for making this kind of review - it helps everyone to be informed.
Posted on: Jan 23, 2012